Question Tell me your favorite Japanese game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you consider it a Japanese game, but The Evil Within is probably my favorite game made by the Japanese developer Shinji Mikami.

Other games I liked made by Japanese developers include RE4, MGSV TPP, RE7, RE2 Remake, and I'm looking forward to RE8 as well.

That said, I do not like the stuff Kojima and even Mikami have made lately. Death Stranding was horrible, and The Evil Within 2 was nowhere near as good as TEW 1. I never thought I'd say it, but sadly, CAPCOM are actually putting out better stuff than Mikami or Kojima anymore.

That's a pretty broad category. There's Pokemon, the Super Smash Bros series, the Yu-Gi-Oh games, Ogre Battle and Harvest Moon that I can think of right now.

I've never really liked JRPGs. I tried a lot of them, but I think I only finished Paper Mario 64 and Final Fantasy VIII, and that last one only after restarting several times over many years and regretting actually playing it to the end when I did.

That being said, I think if I do have to pick a favourite it would be the Pokemon games (specifically 3rd generation), which are pretty similar to JRPGs in a lot of ways.

Zloth

Community Contributor
... Final Fantasy VIII, and that last one only after restarting several times over many years and regretting actually playing it to the end when I did.
Yeah, that's easily my least favorite Final Fantasy. Even worse than 13. The music from the opening credits was great, it has more summons than any other Final Fantasy, and that's pretty much all the good bits regarding the game.

Saya sangat suka game resident evil karena cukup menantang
For those whom don't speak Indonesian...

English translation
I really like the resident evil game because it is quite challenging

Apakah Anda berbicara tentang Resident Evil Village? Jika demikian, dapatkah Anda memberi tahu saya bagaimana cara membandingkan tantangan dengan game Resident Evil lainnya yang mungkin pernah Anda mainkan?

English translation
Are you talking about Resident Evil Village? If so, can you tell me how it compares challenge wise to other Resident Evil games you might have played?

As a history buff, Dynasty Warriors series, Nobunaga's games.. things of that sort are my favorite, mainly because i love the history aspect to Japan, including the presences of samurai. So being able to play games from the strategy to mowing down crowds of armies with a chair or a fan genres is great. I do like other ones mentioned here though, RE, super mario, you know, the games everyone likes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS