Question STEAM Trading Cards

I never trade/buy them, but I do sell them from time to time. The foils can be of good value and some do collect them. I have probably sold normal/foil cards for about 20 dollars, which is basically from just playing games casually and getting lucky with the cards I am getting. I have one foil card worth over 25 dollars, but I don't see myself being able to sell it as it is insanely overpriced. That being said, maybe there is a Steam baby whale wanting to add it to his/hers collection.

I'm more interested in buying/selling skins myself and investing from time to time in Rust so I can get a little extra in the steam wallet for buying games. Nothing crazy, but just enough so the investments are fun and with low risk.

Last edited:
is it just another pointless system that fades into the background?
For me, yes. I looked into it once, with the help of the good folks here:

I do a mix. In the early days I sold most of my cards and even game items
Now though I collect more and make sets. If you level up your profile you can have more people on your friends list, get more card packs they say *I haven't noticed that at all*, and you also get discounts or use to, but most seem to be discounts for bad or cheap games already.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
If cards are pricey for a game I sell them off, and if they're cheap for a game I collect them to craft into badges, only using money I've gotten by selling other cards (I refuse to spend my real money on cards). Crafting the badges allows my profile to level up so I've unlocked all kinds of fun little showcases for my achievements, screenshots, and reviews. In the end it's just little bells and whistles but I find it enjoyable.

Here's my profile if you care to check it out: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965067948

Jul 18, 2022
Visit site
If cards are pricey for a game I sell them off, and if they're cheap for a game I collect them to craft into badges, only using money I've gotten by selling other cards (I refuse to spend my real money on cards). Crafting the badges allows my profile to level up so I've unlocked all kinds of fun little showcases for my achievements, screenshots, and reviews. In the end it's just little bells and whistles but I find it enjoyable.

Here's my profile if you care to check it out: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965067948

Profile looks neat, you've reviewed almost half the games you've owned which is quite impressive in itself.

Where do you go to craft the badges? As I've never bothered with this before.

Where do you go to craft the badges? As I've never bothered with this before.
Here's the Steam page link that explains about cards & badges:
That link is available if you look at the drop-down menu under your name in Steam, under the heading of "badges".

I've never really paid much attention to the cards I get; I've never sold any or bought any to complete badges. But you guys made me curious, so I checked how many cards I have, and apparently it's 195, with most having a value of 6 cents. Most are from the free drops when I start a game I've never played before and a few are from various sales events.
c1IU5W4.png

I might complete some of those badges, but it's something I've never really taken the time to do at this point, as I've never been overly concerned about my Steam "level".

TRENDING THREADS