Question Steam keeps asking me to log in and I don't understand why

Please help me. I use steam to play a few older strategy games like Empire Total War, Napoleon Total War and Medieval Total War, (my favorite.) Suddenly when I launch Medieval Total War from the icon, a box pops up from Steam asking me to log-in. Never happened before. Tried 3 days to log in, and changed my password 3 times too in case that was the problem, but I cannot get the log-in to respond. Should I download Steam again? Would that work since I already have Steam? I have no idea what to do.

Reactions: Brian Boru
It used to forget after a while but I haven't had it forget the password for a while now.
Same here, was a 2-3 times a month thing, but it's been a few months since last time. I've never had the OP's problem tho, merely the 2FA dance.

@Old Pc Strategy Gamer If you don't succeed with Colif's helpful suggestions, maybe try going around Steam via GOG Galaxy or Playnite. If they can link to your Steam account, then it could tide you over pending a more permanent solution.

Reactions: ZedClampet
Please help me. I use steam to play a few older strategy games like Empire Total War, Napoleon Total War and Medieval Total War, (my favorite.) Suddenly when I launch Medieval Total War from the icon, a box pops up from Steam asking me to log-in. Never happened before. Tried 3 days to log in, and changed my password 3 times too in case that was the problem, but I cannot get the log-in to respond. Should I download Steam again? Would that work since I already have Steam? I have no idea what to do.
Ignoring the Total War icons for a moment, can you just log straight into Steam's app?

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS