steam client question

I have 24 games NOT installed on my steam client because if i do then that drive will only have 60gb on it which as you know is the size of 1 good new game.

Is it possible to download steam client onto my other drive , using same login details etc and put those 24 on that copy of steam , if possible i know i would need a separate desktop short cut and that drive will have 135 gb left.

If that does not work i will have to put another ssd into my pc which is something i have never tackled.

I have been told putting games on an external portable ssd is not a good idea even if i never intend to unplug it

If I'm understanding the problem right:

In the Steam window go to Steam>Settings>Downloads>Steam Library Folders and click on the plus to add a library folder on whatever drive you want thats currently connected to the computer.

If you want to move stuff onto an SSD for faster loading/better performance you can keep games youre not actively playing on another hard drive or external mass storage drive and move them to the internal SSD to play from there.

Last edited:
i already have 2 ssd , the steam client is on 2nd drive and all other stuff on my main drive.
As i have more free space on my main drive i just want to know if i can put a second copy of steam with same details on my main drive and just install the games that wont fit onto the client i am using now.

i already have 2 ssd , the steam client is on 2nd drive and all other stuff on my main drive.
As i have more free space on my main drive i just want to know if i can put a second copy of steam with same details on my main drive and just install the games that wont fit onto the client i am using now.

Se my post above :) You dont need another install you just need another library folder.

When you install a game, you get this screen:

GCT5bpu.png

Where it says "Choose location for install", you can pick anywhere you like on your PC—it has option "Create a new library in D:".

Leave the Steam client alone, you only want one copy of that—I suspect a second could muck things up.

TRENDING THREADS