Starfield Suite

It’s iconic already. I saw the article about the ex-Blizz dev criticizing the start screen for Starfield and it’s just silly. Of course you want the start screen to look good and get you into the mood of the game, and Starfield’s does exactly that for me. The minimalist design in the UI and music both set up this feeling of isolation, like you are alone in space… isn’t that the whole vibe of the game? :ROFLMAO:

I'm disappointed in the song. The first 5 minutes are basically the orchestra creating ambient game noise, and when the song advances past that, it remains just okay. It's like the song you would play as the main characters arrive at Jurassic Park, but it's supposed to be a theme song, not the end of Act One song. It's like a remix of the actual theme song.

Don't mind me. I was just thinking earlier today that I was hoping I could add the Starfield song to my playlist of theme songs, like Halo, Skyrim and Atlas, but it's just not on that level. It's fine, but I won't be putting it on repeat.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed in the song. The first 5 minutes are basically the orchestra creating ambient game noise, and when the song advances past that, it remains just okay. It's like the song you would play as the main characters arrive at Jurassic Park, but it's supposed to be a theme song, not the end of Act One song. It's like a remix of the actual theme song.
I like it but it definitely isn’t as iconic as Bethesda’s other theme songs. Morrowind and Fallout 3 start screen songs are my favorites of theirs. Oblivion had a pretty generic start screen theme but there are lots of other good ones throughout the game. Skyrim is easily recognizable but it really is just someone beating on some drums while huffing really loudly.

I want the start screen to be there only at the start - the very first start. After that, I want the game to just load my most recent save.

And no fargin' "press any key" screen, either!!
Games should have an option in the main menu to boot straight into your latest save on launch, and they could do it so it starts paused in case you need to get up before playing or if you saved during a difficult part.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I really like it. It doesn't seem as unique as the other soundtracks, as it sounds like a lot of other sci-fi music (which apparently (alledgedly?) are all based off of Gustav Holst's The Planets), but I don't mind that.
Oh man, don't be playing Mars at me in a game. I'll get it in my head that I can just walk out and stomp everything. That won't end well, but it will end quickly.

Some of that music reminds me of Gal Civ 3's for some reason, though GC3 is clearly more horn.... <AHEM> more brassy.

TRENDING THREADS