Star Wars; Episode IX: Rise of Skywalker - Theories and Discussion (possible spoilers after 20DEC!!!)

Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
My biggest theory is Skywalker is the new 'Jedi' IE: force users will be named Skywalkers, a new order, lead by Rey, learning from the failures of the former Jedi Order(which strict rules, adherence to ancient dogma contributed to its marginalization and eventually downfall)

Reactions: Krud
Another theory: Kylo Ren/Ben Solo will be redeemed and die killing the emperor for good, much like Darth Vader, but 'finishing what he started'

That would have been cool. I think I might have preferred that. Hard to say after the fact, though. As for your first theory, I suppose that could still happen in the future.

My biggest theory is Skywalker is the new 'Jedi' IE: force users will be named Skywalkers, a new order, lead by Rey, learning from the failures of the former Jedi Order(which strict rules, adherence to ancient dogma contributed to its marginalization and eventually downfall)

This theory was quite prevalent on the run up to the movie and to be honest, i would have been on board with it. I wouldnt like them to have completely thrown out the Jedi teachings all together. It would of been better maybe, if Rey had reforged them and stripped away the redundant teachings, to make the new Order better and stronger. Force ghosts could have helped with her teachings.

Last edited:
For me, not seeing the original heroes share the screen again at least once, in the entire new trilogy, was a huge disservice and missed opportunity.

Luke definitely should have had more screen time and we should of got to see him full powered up whipping ass and doing all sorts of cool stuff. Again a major missed opportunity.

Rey should of been a Skywalker by blood. It was clearly the original intention from all the nods and clues pointing to it in TFA. I wasnt impressed with Palpatine twist or the fact that the Skywalker bloodline is wiped out now in the main film series.

I hope they retcon it in potential future films and have Rey be Lukes daughter that he had with thr Emperor's daughter or something. Yes its contrived but its better than having all the Skywalkers be dead and a Palpatine running the Jedi.

All just in my humble opinion.

Reactions: Krud
I didn't mind that palpatine returned or that Rey is his granddaughter, I just wish they had started planting hints to it in TFA and TLJ. It felt really forced with the way it played out
Yes i think it would have been better for the whole trilogy in general, if they had most of the overall story mapped out beforehand. Like TFA poses questions and plants clues and leaves threads dangling, that TLJ ignored, changed or flat out abandoned, which in itself was jarring. TROS then spent a lot of its run time ret conning a lot of choices made in TLJ. All could have been avoided if they had planned it properly instead of winging it.

Reactions: Yelssorc and Krud