Star Control: Origins

Schism Navigator

Registered Developer
Jan 5, 2020
Visit site
So we made this little action-adventure RPG in space called Star Control: Origins that came out last year. You can see the E3 trailer that was posted back on PC Gamer itself back in 2018:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv_7eBOwpi4

Today we just wrapped up the last part of the expansion Earth Rises which adds new adventures, characters, and worlds to explore both during and after the original game's main quest is complete. Part 4 "Earth Rises" specifically includes:
  • New Missions & Quests - Search for the missing Commander Magara, keep an eye on the humans developing a deadly Terran Battlecruiser, and stop the Measured from harvesting a sun and killing an entire civilization.
  • New Location - Visit Kapteyn’s Bar to hear the latest gossip, triumph in a bar fight, and pick up bounty hunting quests
  • New Battles - Lead your fleet into epic battles against massive space stations.
  • New Weapons - Take on enemies with an arsenal of new weapons like the Black Hole Array or the Charged Warhead.
Did anyone here play the game on launch? What were your thoughts then and have you tried it again after the patches and expansion pack?

Reactions: randyl and Zloth

Schism Navigator

Registered Developer
Jan 5, 2020
Visit site
Great! Yeah, we've had a lot of free updates and now the finished expansion since release. We're still patching up some small things before moving on to what we'll do next. If you pick it up please let us know what you think.

Jan 18, 2021
Visit site
Just found this game. Love it. I'm looking for some explanations, however. In battle there are videos on the right side of the screen. I understand who, but don't quite understand what the levels represent. I'm old so bear with me.

Jan 18, 2021
Visit site
So we made this little action-adventure RPG in space called Star Control: Origins that came out last year. You can see the E3 trailer that was posted back on PC Gamer itself back in 2018:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv_7eBOwpi4

Today we just wrapped up the last part of the expansion Earth Rises which adds new adventures, characters, and worlds to explore both during and after the original game's main quest is complete. Part 4 "Earth Rises" specifically includes:
  • New Missions & Quests - Search for the missing Commander Magara, keep an eye on the humans developing a deadly Terran Battlecruiser, and stop the Measured from harvesting a sun and killing an entire civilization.
  • New Location - Visit Kapteyn’s Bar to hear the latest gossip, triumph in a bar fight, and pick up bounty hunting quests
  • New Battles - Lead your fleet into epic battles against massive space stations.
  • New Weapons - Take on enemies with an arsenal of new weapons like the Black Hole Array or the Charged Warhead.
Did anyone here play the game on launch? What were your thoughts then and have you tried it again after the patches and expansion pack?
Another question. I'm sort of slow, so bear with me please. OK, I bought a cool weapon. It's in the cargo hold. How do I mount it and use it? If there's an obvious way, I missed it.

Jan 18, 2021
Visit site
Gotta get a roomba. I'm running around in circles from overlapping requirements. Get the starships and I'll get you the code. Get me the code and I'll get you... Anyway. Any hints?

TRENDING THREADS