PCG Article Spiderweb Software is remastering another classic RPG

The Kickstarter campaign for Geneforge 2: Infestation is already a huge success

Has anyone played their games? I have the first Avernum game and tried to play it, and it's a little too rough around the edges for me. For one thing, I tried for 20 minutes to get the game to fill my screen and couldn't do it. When I put it on the proper resolution, there was stuff I couldn't see. And after that, it was just generally too old-school (not user friendly) for my tastes. I may try again later because they are supposed to be excellent games. Opening and closing the game 2 dozen times trying to get the resolution right kind of spoiled it for me today.

Zloth

Community Contributor
They've been doing graphics lately.

They've been doing graphics lately.

That's a different developer. Spiderweb is literally a mom & pop (husband and wife) team, while Spider is a whole French development studio with a bunch of employees.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I never tried any of the Spiderweb Software games, but I had a taste for one a few days ago. Generally I'm waiting for a good sale and will probably pick most of the games in one turn. From what I've heard from my friends, it seems that I'll like it. I don't mind dated graphics although I'll probably go for the remasters due to better interface and widescreen support. The games are a real phenomena in some circles and I'm eager to check why. :)

Has anyone played their games? I have the first Avernum game and tried to play it, and it's a little too rough around the edges for me. For one thing, I tried for 20 minutes to get the game to fill my screen and couldn't do it.
I made it about the same distance, roughly 20 minutes, into Avernum 4, but my mind just couldn't adapt to the dated graphic style. I picked up Avernum 4, 5, & 6 as well as Avadon The Black Fortress & Avadon 2 The Corruption (all from Spiderweb) on a big sale some years ago but haven't been able to convince myself to try to get into them. Which is a shame really, as they seem like really in-depth RPGS, but in an older 1980s graphic style, much like the early Ultima or Darksun games.

TRENDING THREADS