Question Spec needed for gaming laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2023
Visit site
Hey Kinfolks,

I'm new to this forum, I was searching for the required specifications in a gaming laptop as my old PC is not working fine.

I'm a part-time gamer, and I've been playing Pubg for a couple of years on my PC, which doesn't work very well for that. I tried some other games, like God of War, Bright Memory: Infinite, and RIDE 4, but those are not running that smoothly on my PC. I don't know what kind of configuration I need on my laptop to play those games.

Someone told me that it should have plenty of RAM, a powerful processor, and powerful graphics cards. and I've found some gaming laptops here: https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/d/best-gaming-laptop/ but I'm not sure which one would be fine.

Can anyone recommend what specs I should look for in a laptop?

[Mod edit: moved forum, changed title for clarity from "What kind of specification do i need to a gaming laptop (my old system is very slow)".]

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, Welcome to the forum!

I would establish how much I would want to spend on a laptop first, then search up on the recommended specs for games you want to play. If you are only a "part-time gamer" you are not going to need the more expensive laptops. I'd recommend something between a 3050 and a 3060ti (or a RX6800 if you want an AMD card) when it comes to the GPU of a laptop. The above mentioned games should run great at high to max settings in 1080p or 1440p resolution.

PCG has this article about the best laptops in 2023 for you to start your search with:

Reactions: Brian Boru
You can do much better than Lenovo for a gaming laptop, they're mostly a general purpose supplier which recognizes there's easy money to be made by slapping "gaming" onto some models.

Of course, if you don't have the budget for a good gaming laptop, then Lenovo could suit—or any other general purpose supplier with an eye for the easy money.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lutfij
Jan 25, 2023
Visit site
First off, Welcome to the forum!

I would establish how much I would want to spend on a laptop first, then search up on the recommended specs for games you want to play. If you are only a "part-time gamer" you are not going to need the more expensive laptops. I'd recommend something between a 3050 and a 3060ti (or a RX6800 if you want an AMD card) when it comes to the GPU of a laptop. The above mentioned games should run great at high to max settings in 1080p or 1440p resolution.

PCG has this article about the best laptops in 2023 for you to start your search with:

Thanks for the information!

I think my current laptop has the the resolution around 1080p or 1440p

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS