Question Small Problem with PC plz hlp

Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
Hey Basically I have built my budget PC,
I added my cpu and cooler fine with no problem, i also installed my 2 sticks of ram, sadly when i plug in my 24 bit and 8 bit cables from my power source in the pc does not post,
Is there a problem with my cable, am I missing anything i need to plug in? plz help

Reactions: andriszvan

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Without seeing it, it's hard to figure out what can be wrong - it can be a number of things.

Does LEDs and/or fans start when you try to power it on? If not, check your cables - they must be connected firmly to the socket. Be sure you're not trying to use PCI cables (meant for GPU) to connect to CPU power slot etc.

If you have power (LEDS light up, fans spin) and still nothing, check your monitor connection and try resitting your RAM. Put one out, try again, check other one till you go through all possible combinations - and of course make sure you're using right slots for dual channel (it's in the mobo manual).

If nothing helps, posting some photos may be a good idea.

Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
hey the thing is my case hasent arrived yet so i dont have fans, also when i turn the power on some lights on the mother board turn on but thats it, also i think its because the power isint compatible with the mother board because i didint get any correct usb or audio cables with my power supply
so idk?

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Make sure your motherboard is on surface that doesn't conduct electricity, like wood.

Would be best if you could show your setup right now, because I am not sure I follow you - audio cables for power supply?

At the base minimum you should have:
- motherboard with properly installed CPU and cooler
- 1/2 RAM sticks
- working PSU

Power cables connected to motherboard (the big power cable) and to CPU (4-8 pin). Cooler connected to right port on motherboard. 1/2 RAM sticks in correct positions. Monitor connected to HDMI or other port available on the motherboard.

Now an advanced user can turn such bareboness setup with a screw. If lights turn on, then mobo is receiving power - do you hear a single or more beeps? Is there anything on the screen? Do your screen recognize the input?

TRENDING THREADS