SIAP: What awesome tools have games given you that you really didn't get to use?

Maybe the game gave you a jetpack with 10 minutes of gameplay left?

In V Rising, defeating a boss gives you a few unlocks. One of the very last bosses gives you the ability to turn into a bat and you can fly around the world, which is amazing.

Now I understand not giving you this early. It basically trivializes much of the game. HOWEVER, the very next boss that you fight gives you a great amulet, and you can't turn into a bat if you are carrying that amulet. It's a little frustrating.

Satisfactory also does this with drones. They are nearly the last thing that you unlock, but are extremely fun to use. You also get a backpack that makes building better, but only when you are about done with building.

Nothing comes to mind that is given near the end of the game, but Skyrim does give you a lot of really cool dragon shouts (27 of them), but I generally tend to stick with just Fus Ro Dah because switching between them is too much of a bother. Similarly with all of the spells the game gives you (like a hundred), but I end up using like 4 because there are not enough hotkeys, hands or mana points to use more than that.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Risen 1 gives you their highest level spells just before going into a tunnel with a few monsters and a final boss. You can't use any spells against the final boss, so the high level spells just make the 15 (?) minute trip to the final boss easier. Other RPGs have done the same, but the first Risen game was particularly bad because it didn't even let you use those spells (or any other spells) against the final boss.

Risen 1 gives you their highest level spells just before going into a tunnel with a few monsters and a final boss. You can't use any spells against the final boss, so the high level spells just make the 15 (?) minute trip to the final boss easier. Other RPGs have done the same, but the first Risen game was particularly bad because it didn't even let you use those spells (or any other spells) against the final boss.
This reminds me of another thing I don't like--bosses being immune to everything cool that you would want to use mostly against bosses.

Noita gives me all these fantastic unlocked possibilities, but when I get to use the tools I just die gravely. So, in a sense I got to use them, but in a sense, I also didn't, so I guess that counts?
TH9TdqD.jpeg

Oh, look, a teleporting spell that teleports you whenever you take damage! "Takes damages, instantly teleported to a giant pool of lava".

Oh, look, a giant sawblade projectile! "Throws sawblade, it bounces off the wall and hits you in the face".

Oh, Look, an explosion spell! "Uses exploding spell and explodes"

Oh, look, a portal to a sinister realm spell! "Throws the portal down and gets ripped apart from tentacles".

Last edited:
Noita gives me all these fantastic unlocked possibilities, but when I get to use the tools I just die gravely. So, in a sense I got to use them, but in a sense, I also didn't, so I guess that counts?
TH9TdqD.jpeg

Oh, look, a teleporting spell that teleports you whenever you take damage! "Takes damages, instantly teleported to a giant pool of lava".

Oh, look, a giant sawblade projectile! "Throws sawblade, it bounces off the wall and hits you in the face".

Oh, look, a portal to a sinister realm spell! "Throws the portal down and gets ripped apart from tentacles".
This actually sounds awesome.

Reactions: Pifanjr and Frindis
TH9TdqD.jpeg

You didn't have to convince me, I already wanted to play it.

A lot of games decide to unlock all the best cosmetics AFTER you've beaten the game. Which is a shame as i don't get to use them. Shin megami tensei depending on which ending you got, allows you summon special faction specific demons depending on the ending. Oh and additional missions are unlocked in your next playthrough. For someone who is a one and done sort of person, i rarely will play them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts