Question Should I get Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord?

Should I get Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord?

• Come with me peasant, Join the warband!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Wait and See

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, no, definitely not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
I usually skip early access titles, but this one has a healthy bit of buzz surrounding it. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to the sandbox genre, with most of my experience in the Crackdown and GTA series. So how's this one play?

I hear the world is ginormous, but the game a bit buggy.

Should I take the plunge despite the bugs? Is the multiplayer awesome? How about the single player campaign?

Please weigh in with your thoughts down below and vote on the poll as well!

It seems like it's a snazzier version of the previous Mount & Blade games. Which means it's probably a good game, but I would still just wait until it's on sale, both so you don't pay full price and so the developers have had some time to fix any major bugs.

I would advise this for any game though. It seems most games have at least a few major bugs that only get patched out after several weeks or even months and it's not like there aren't plenty of games left to play until the game is on sale.

Reactions: JSimenhoff

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
I am in the same boat, I usually skip Early Access games and wait for full release. There's literaly only handful of games that are exceptions and some of them are STILL in damn EA. Like P.A.M.E.L.A.

And yet Bannerlord seems so good, lots of my online friends already play it and praise it. I am so torn.

Reactions: JSimenhoff
I'd recommend Mount & Blade to any PC gamer, you might find it rather different from the sandbox games you listed however. The prior game is also excellent and regularly goes on sale for just a few bucks, I'm sure they'll be mechanically similar enough to tell you if Bannerlord is worth your money.

Reactions: Frindis
Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
First of all, I would like to greet you. I understand that you have not played the previous release, Warband, and the game itself have offered almost nothing in promos for those who have not. Have you ever watched some movie that marked your mind with lets say King Arthur? I believe it was medieval. The offering in this game is simple, you will start your life as him. You surely remember teritory control when Carl Johnson started it visiting the Burger Bar whose owner friendly greeted you on the beginning of the game? Well, the con of it is that you were not able to recruit as much people as you want. Besides that, you will train the weak ones and meet those who are trained in taverns. Later on, you might be a strong peasant who can stand by or infront the king's right hands, his counts. Well, lets just say you can also become his man of thrust too. Why wouldnt you train your soldiers well enough to siege and control the castles of those kings you were infront, and cut one of his own men, his right hand people? If you are not into battle, which I doubt, then be a peasant and trade your stuff for higher value in another city. Even if you are not willing to do even that, then start your own blacksmith and sell your swords on random markets and build up your own name. Well, the multiplayer offers you same battling and you will fight over it. I hope I have helped on your matter, in case something is not clear enough check out this article.

TRENDING THREADS