Should I buy it? (MSI RX 6500 XT)

Feb 15, 2022
Visit site
Hello,

I am want buy graphic card for mid-gaming (games as GTA ROLEPLAY, CS:GO, LEAGUE OF LEGENDS e.t.c). I want to buy the RX 6500 XT for 278 EUR.

Is this card good for the games i want play?

Thank You
<3

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Could you please remove the etc from your initial post and list all the titles you want to game or are gaming on your platform at this moment of time? Etc, can also mean more demanding games(among other things).

Please list your specs as well in order for us to see if you're needlessly spending money on a GPU upgrade.

Feb 10, 2022
Visit site
This is a difficult question to answer because it depends on alot of factors. Personally i wouldn't recommend the 6500XT to anyone but the most desperate, it has way too many compromises to make any sense and it gets heavily bottlenecked on a PCIe Gen 3 motherboard. (That is, to say, if you have anything older than a X570/Z690).

However, if you ONLY plan on using it for CSGO,LoL,GTA5 then it's not a bad choice considering how little those games demand. But don't expect it to run any new-ish games acceptably. It is a bad card outside of those Esport titles. Worse if you have an older system.

For 278 EUR, you can get yourself an RX 580 instead. You can't buy it from retailers anymore, only second-hand. But for the same price on Ebay, it's the same performance - doesn't have a botttleneck - and has video encoding unlike the 6500. If you're willing to spend an extra 20 - 40 EUR, you can get a slightly better performing RX 590 too.
However, my biggest recommendation would be save up a bit longer until you can afford an RX 6600. These do cost an extra 200 Euro, but are twice as powerful and are steadily going down in price and will actually play all modern AAA titles at the highest settings at 1080p.

This is a difficult question to answer because it depends on alot of factors. Personally i wouldn't recommend the 6500XT to anyone but the most desperate, it has way too many compromises to make any sense and it gets heavily bottlenecked on a PCIe Gen 3 motherboard. (That is, to say, if you have anything older than a X570/Z690).

However, if you ONLY plan on using it for CSGO,LoL,GTA5 then it's not a bad choice considering how little those games demand. But don't expect it to run any new-ish games acceptably. It is a bad card outside of those Esport titles. Worse if you have an older system.

For 278 EUR, you can get yourself an RX 580 instead. You can't buy it from retailers anymore, only second-hand. But for the same price on Ebay, it's the same performance - doesn't have a botttleneck - and has video encoding unlike the 6500. If you're willing to spend an extra 20 - 40 EUR, you can get a slightly better performing RX 590 too.
However, my biggest recommendation would be save up a bit longer until you can afford an RX 6600. These do cost an extra 200 Euro, but are twice as powerful and are steadily going down in price and will actually play all modern AAA titles at the highest settings at 1080p.

All good info and true :)

Only thing is without knowing what other components we are dealing with is we dont know if it will physically fit, or if an RX590/580 would have enough power available to work.

Feb 10, 2022
Visit site
All good info and true :)

Only thing is without knowing what other components we are dealing with is we dont know if it will physically fit, or if an RX590/580 would have enough power available to work.

Appreciate the compliment :p Your last paragraph is also true aswell, only take my post as a vague general recommendation without any listed specs to go off on. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

TRENDING THREADS