Shadowrun for Sega Genesis

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
One of my all-time favorite classic games is Shadowrun on Sega Genesis.

It's an open world RPG with a detailed character advancement, player classes, upgradeable weapons and cyberware and magic (which i don't mess with).

One of my favorite features is that when you get a cyberdeck going, you can jack into ATMs and punch in IP addresses to computer systems to hack in "VR." If you don't have an address, you can search random systems and do netrunning against random computers, then sell the data you steal to a data dealer on the street.

For a console game from 1994, this makes it truly epic.maxresdefault.jpg

CParsons

Staff member
One of my favorite features is that when you get a cyberdeck going, you can jack into ATMs and punch in IP addresses to computer systems to hack in "VR." If you don't have an address, you can search random systems and do netrunning against random computers, then sell the data you steal to a data dealer on the street.

Wow.. the system is even called the Matrix. Definitely going to check this out!

Reactions: Beetroot
Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Definitely a game I played a lot of back in the day. It has a lot of rough edges and I think issues that sometimes still exist in open world games today, but at the time I felt like this game nailed a lot of tone and difficulty.

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
One of my all-time favorite classic games is Shadowrun on Sega Genesis.
Would you recommend one play this in 2020? Would it hold up? I think I saw a total conversion mod of Shadowrun (Steam) of this? It blows my mind that the Genesis even had RPGs like this, we just jammed Mortal Kombat, Earthworm Jim, and Sonic on it, back in the day!

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
If you like old-school games, it's definitely worth checking out.
The Harebrained Schemes Shadowrun, Shadowrun: Dragonfall and especially Shadowrun: Hong Kong are wicked, wicked awesome RPGs. Very refreshing and worth checking out. But, they're not conversions of the Genesis one. They're all new (a few years ago).

Don't confuse it with the SNES version, which isn't nearly as rad.

Flying through the Matrix in your silver avatar and approaching the nodes of the computer system with programs loaded into your cyberdeck? Super awesome.

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
If you like old-school games, it's definitely worth checking out.
The Harebrained Schemes Shadowrun, Shadowrun: Dragonfall and especially Shadowrun: Hong Kong are wicked, wicked awesome RPGs. Very refreshing and worth checking out. But, they're not conversions of the Genesis one. They're all new (a few years ago).
Oh yeah I know about the new ones, I do own them but haven't played them yet, I was referring to this particular mod, is this the recreation of the snes/genesis one?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317632217

TRENDING THREADS