PCG Article Saints Row Review

The rebooted Saints Row could really do with a dubstep gun

Great review, but it forgot the most important information to me--whether the game has a taser that Guido (my son's name on here) can shoot me with 300 times like the Third had. :p Despite the score being in the questionable zone for me, I feel like I know what I'm getting if I buy the game, and I think I might do just that since it's co-op. Guido and I had a blast with the old ones, and while this doesn't seem as over-the-top as the others and doesn't have side activities that match the old games for enjoyment, it sounds like there is enough there that we could have some fun with it. In the end, all we really need is a playground for him to either taser me or run me over with a car repeatedly. Doesn't sound good enough to pay full price for, though. Will probably wait for a decent sale.

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
Though the bug with the countdown timer vanishing I noted in the review was particularly annoying, for me the real problem is that most of the side activities are boring and the city feels flat and empty. If you get it cheap just to blast through the main story missions you'll probably have an OK time, though.

Some of the stuff I've seen other people call bugs, like the way cars get launched into the air by water when you drive over a fire hydrant, or NPC drivers acting like maniacs, seem like typically Saints Row ways of ensuring the open world is chaotic. Your mileage may vary.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts