rx580 vram,HELP!

Sep 16, 2020
Visit site
I have an xfx rx580 card and ryzen 5 1600 and 16gb of ram, as you can see by the pic that i have plenty of available MB(system says i have over 12,XXXMB) but COD is telling me i have limit of like 3000ish MB(see pic). i KNOW this pc has more capability than 3000ish, drivers are up to date as well, any guesses?thank you guys!

Upload the picture somewhere and post the link here

As I don't play Warzone I've no idea what you're on about, and others here might not play Warzone either so it really helps to be able to see what you see.

COD seems to be saying you have 4gb VRAM. And that not all of it is being used, which is fine.

Most RX 580s have 8gb VRAM, some have 4gb. I assume yours has 4gb?

In which case, where is the problem?

Reactions: Alm
Sep 16, 2020
Visit site
COD seems to be saying you have 4gb VRAM. And that not all of it is being used, which is fine.

Most RX 580s have 8gb VRAM, some have 4gb. I assume yours has 4gb?

In which case, where is the problem?
the pc says i have 12k of total avail MB and 4k of dedicated and 8K of shared system memory, so does that mean this card is the 4K card? its an XFX

What this means is that you have 4,096 MB (4 GB )of dedicated video memory - that's the VRAM on your graphics card, which is the bit COD Warzone is talking about

There's also another roughly 8000 MB (about 8GB) that Windows says can be shared from your system memory (that's your 16gb RAM).

But, system memory (RAM) is a lot slower than the VRAM on your graphics card. So this is why games and gamers tend to focus on the VRAM quantity. You can ignore what Windows says about "total available graphics memory" and about "shared system memory". The 4 GB VRAM on your card is the important number to keep in mind.

TRENDING THREADS