RTX4090 Laptop

Aug 11, 2023
Visit site
Hey there, i am looking for a new laptop for gaming - my current one (1060, 7th gen Intel) is getting old and since i am not spending for new laptop every year, i want to invest into a high end one and hope it will last me for 5+ years. My question is, what is the expected lifetime of a laptop with 4090 and i9-13980hx? Could i expect it to be able to run games for next 5 years at least? By run i mean on a decent fps and latest titles..
Thanks!

Hey there, i am looking for a new laptop for gaming - my current one (1060, 7th gen Intel) is getting old and since i am not spending for new laptop every year, i want to invest into a high end one and hope it will last me for 5+ years. My question is, what is the expected lifetime of a laptop with 4090 and i9-13980hx? Could i expect it to be able to run games for next 5 years at least? By run i mean on a decent fps and latest titles..
Thanks!
I've owned more than a dozen gaming laptops, and it depends on who makes the laptop, but your current laptop is basically a miracle. The average gaming laptop probably lasts about 2 or 3 years before it starts to crap out. My advice is to get an HP or Dell (yes, really) and then buy the extended warranty. The warranty is the only way to really guarantee a decent lifetime for a gaming laptop.

My experience with gaming laptop manufacturers, like Asus, MSi, Acer and Sager is very poor to say the least.

The laptop you describe could easily run games for the next 5 years or longer if it survives that long. It probably won't, though. For one thing, the SSD will almost certainly go out, but only if it out-survives the other components first. If it's really important to you--the warranty.

Make sure you get enough RAM, minimum of 32 GB. But with the other components you are describing, that shouldn't be a problem. If you find a laptop with a 4090 in it, it would be extremely rare for the rest of the components not to be top shelf, but verify them just the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
Jul 30, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

I completely understand your situation. When it comes to gaming laptops, making a wise investment is crucial since they aren't something we replace every year. Your choice of a laptop with a 4090 and i9-13980hx is definitely on the high-performance end.

As for how long it'll hold up, well, technology does advance quickly. However, I'd expect you to enjoy solid gaming performance for at least the next 5 years, even with the latest titles.

Of course, it's always a good idea to stay updated on the system requirements for upcoming games, but with the specs you've mentioned, you should be in a good position for gaming for years to come.

Good luck with your laptop search!

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru
Aug 11, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

I completely understand your situation. When it comes to gaming laptops, making a wise investment is crucial since they aren't something we replace every year. Your choice of a laptop with a 4090 and i9-13980hx is definitely on the high-performance end.

As for how long it'll hold up, well, technology does advance quickly. However, I'd expect you to enjoy solid gaming performance for at least the next 5 years, even with the latest titles.

Of course, it's always a good idea to stay updated on the system requirements for upcoming games, but with the specs you've mentioned, you should be in a good position for gaming for years to come.

Good luck with your laptop search!
Thank for the replies, still considering what will I go with. Most likely I won't go with 4090 but with 4080, the price difference is huge and the performance gain is not that big. Lenovo Legion 9i looks really promising now.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS