Rtx 4090 crash - driver or hardware? .The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Hi. I have 12900K stock

32 GB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600mhz

Palit Gamerock Pro OC rtx 4090

1300W Seasonic Platinum Prime

Aorus Elite DDR4 Z690

Windows 11 2H22. Updated new nvidia drivers.

I swapped from 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming to Rtx 4090 Palit Gamerock. Never had single crash in games,apps on 3090 ti. All was perfectly stable.

I am gettin occassional crashing during loading games. Watch Dogs Legion ( happened 2 times ) and Metro Exodus EE. Never in game, but in loading . Happen from time to time. Is my card fine? I have PalitGamerock 4090 stock.

Here are always that 2 errors during crash:
2 errors.

1.display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

2.The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

It happened on 3 versions of drivers i tried.

Hi, just checking in to see if you used DDU to fully reinstall the drivers? Hardware wise you should be fine, barring a fault with the card.

Apart from that the only other thought I have is that its throwing out a million frames per second on loading screen and occasionally causing a crash. If it was me I might try enabling a global frame cap or Vsync and see if it helped. Thats a complete guess though.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS