RTX 3060 Ti performance expectations

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Soon we'll experience the release of RTX 3070 graphics cards. While underwhelming when it comes to memory quantity, it should provide a very good relation between performance and price. It's still a little too high segment for my liking, so I'll probably wait for RTX 3060 Ti. The already released Ampere GPUs show that the performance increase is huge (at least in most titles). RTX 3080 easily beats RTX 2080 Ti by roughly 20 fps. I know that it's not the best time to do so, but I was tempted yesterday to buy an RTX 2070 Super graphics card, because its price in Poland has fallen down quite heavily. What are your expectations when it comes to RTX 3060 Ti? Will the performance of this card be close to RTX 2070 Super or will it surpass this GPU in a significant way? If the latter becomes a reality, we might see one of the most popular GPUs in history of gaming. Combine that with the price of $399 and we have a winner for the players!

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I did some analysis. It appears that RTX 3060 Ti will have performance similar to RTX 2080. I simply compared the performance of RTX 3080 to the performance of RTX 2080 in three games. I took the average difference in FPS and applied it to the expected performance of RTX 3070 in relation to RTX 2070. Then I lowered the difference a bit and applied it to the expected performance of RTX 3060 in relation to RTX 2060. Finally I squeezed RTX 3060 Ti in the gap between RTX 3060 and RTX 3070. The effect is below. We'll see how accurate will be my predictions. :)

KdYz0Dt.jpg

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS