Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2020
Visit site
Riot games is clearly discriminating when it comes to banning. I am handicapped and have a handicap accessible computer. I let someone borrow my computer so that they could play valorant. They did install cheating software and hacked my account. When I got my computer back and tried to log in to my valorant account I noticed it had a permanent hardware ban on it. I contacted Riot Games, explained what happened and that I formatted the hard drive and took the computer back to factory settings and that this was a handicap accessible computer and they refuse to remove the hardware ban so that I can actually play valorant on a computer that I am physically able to. In the meantime, I am using a computer that I can't really physically play on and there are more cheaters playing valorant now than ever before and I am the one being punished for being nice and letting someone who didn't have a computer borrow it so they could play. If that isn't discrimination I don't know what is. I am moving forward with a campaign against Riot Games for discriminating against the disabled and picking and choosing who they ban.

Sep 13, 2020
Visit site
They have no idea what disability you have, whether you really shared your computer with somebody, or whatever. What they know is that the hardware you've got has been used for cheating so they don't want it on their system. Period. End of story. If you want to be mad, be mad at whoever put the crack software on your computer.
I went into great detail with Riot Games about what happened, the disabilities I have and the need for the custom computer I have to use. They are also aware of me going way over and beyond to make sure there was no trace at all that the crack software could be on my computer. I know I will never try to be nice to anyone ever again because of this.

I went into great detail with Riot Games about what happened, the disabilities I have and the need for the custom computer I have to use. They are also aware of me going way over and beyond
Your story will be one of thousands Riot will have heard from banned accounts. You are the victim of a sort of 'cry wolf' situation—the one genuine true story in the midst of dozens of try-ons. All you can do is…
Learn your lesson and be more careful who you let borrow your computer in the future.

Reactions: ZedClampet
Sep 13, 2020
Visit site
What really gets me is that there are more cheaters than ever before now and I report them and they don't get banned. I have noticed that there is at least a 30% cheat rate now and now that I can't play on my handicap accessible computer anymore it is not even the least bit fun playing anymore. They need to do something about their software to keep people from being able to cheat instead of picking and choosing which cheaters they want to ban. If they ban all the people who are cheating now, there would not hardly be anyone playing the game.

If anything it is not discriminating. It's take the same approach to all cheaters and permeant banning them.
If there are a lot more cheaters playing and not getting caught then personally it would put me off from playing that game.

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
Riot games is clearly discriminating when it comes to banning. I am handicapped and have a handicap accessible computer. I let someone borrow my computer so that they could play valorant. They did install cheating software and hacked my account. When I got my computer back and tried to log in to my valorant account I noticed it had a permanent hardware ban on it. I contacted Riot Games, explained what happened and that I formatted the hard drive and took the computer back to factory settings and that this was a handicap accessible computer and they refuse to remove the hardware ban so that I can actually play valorant on a computer that I am physically able to. In the meantime, I am using a computer that I can't really physically play on and there are more cheaters playing valorant now than ever before and I am the one being punished for being nice and letting someone who didn't have a computer borrow it so they could play. If that isn't discrimination I don't know what is. I am moving forward with a campaign against Riot Games for discriminating against the disabled and picking and choosing who they ban.

Hey there,

Our forums aren't a place where folks can come to resolve bans for specific game studios. If you need to appeal a ban of your Riot account, please go through their standard appeals process.

Reactions: Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS