RGB Issues

May 14, 2020
Visit site
Sorry that this is my first post, I am striking out everywhere else.

I recently picked up an iBUYPOWER rig with 2080s i7-9700k, 16GB DDR4 RAM, ASRock Z390. Comming from an MSI GS63VR that was initially for my CAD software and then for gaming once I figured out how powerful it was, now 4-5 years later and I have a fully fledged enthusiast rig.

So on to my issue. When I initially turned it on the RGB was pretty cool. Once I got settled in and started messing with the polychorme RGB controller it left a lot to be desired. Is there a way to get back to that default color gamut? I uninstalled the software, is it a matter of unplugging the fans to get the default RGB? something else?

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
What software are you using? Is it iCue?

What are / were the default colors? On my RGB the default is just a rainbow effect which I can get back by removing all layers in iCue.
If IBuyPower placed their own custom colors there and you messed with them I doubt you can get them yourself.

But first things first: What RGB software is being used?

May 14, 2020
Visit site
It is ASRock Polychorme Sync.

The default colors are the rainbow effect. Which is a lot better than what the software allows me to select. Once I had everything set up and downloaded drivers for the ASRock polychrome Sync software I applied the color change manually.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
F1evGIU.png

Shouldn't there be something like "Rainbow" under "Style"? Or under Effect?

I don'thave ASRock, I don't have that software so I have no clue what all is there haha.

EDIT: For my iCue software, when I want to uninstall (or reinstall) it asks me if I want to keep the saved profiles or not. When I select "no" it will return to default settings.

May 14, 2020
Visit site
I think that must be a system with every possible RGB option.. I have 4 fans that are RGB controllable. And the options are like Static, Random, Sold, Wave, etc.. but when I adjust the colors via that slide bar.. it only ever defaults to a solid color. So all fans are either Red, blue, or green and all options in between.

The initial setting allowed each fan to have a rainbow color display.

A lot of these RGB software have problems.

I note this reddit thread.

Someone on there says they contacted ASRock support and got a script to wipe the software settings. They then set the RGB lighting up through the BIOS instead.

In your position I'd try changing the RGB lighting in the BIOS instead. If that doesn't work, remove the software and try again in the BIOS. If that doesn't work, contact ASRock for the script to wipe the software settings.

Reactions: Inspireless Llama
May 14, 2020
Visit site
Yeap I actually happened to stumble upon that same thread, the BIOS RGB controller gives the same options.

So I then sent a message to ASRock support, we'll see what they say.

TRENDING THREADS