Revolution: Path of a Weaponsmith

Hadn't heard of this. Releases in May. The Steam description sounds really good, kind of like an advanced Far Cry stealth shooter.

The game takes place in the USSR after a US invasion. The country is an absolute mess as the US is trying to take control. You have different factions that don't particularly like each other, and you will be making significant decisions along the way. The factions listed were the US, bandits and rebels.

You find gun components as you scavenge around. You can make your own weapons and also earn some money by selling weapons. You can utilize disguises to move through the different faction territories. Stealth is usually the best answer.

If any of that sounds interesting to you, go check out the store page.

advanced Far Cry stealth shooter
Thanks for that, it definitely sounds interesting. I like the setup situation, and it sounds like you have to worry about all 3 factions—and maybe non-aligned civilians, if you rob them for scarce resources. Scavenging will feed my loot fetish!

I'm not happy about the TPP, survival tag, or apparent focus on dark environments. Seems to be RPG vibes with inventory management and weight being factors. Choices and consequences, branching dialogues.

"No seeing you through the booshes" :D
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • OS: Windows® 8 64-bit / Windows® 8.1 64-bit / Windows® 10 64-bit
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
    • Memory: 8 MB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti or AMD equivalent
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 10 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX® compatible
I see they have a naval game in the works too—Warships Final Battle.

Thanks for that, it definitely sounds interesting. I like the setup situation, and it sounds like you have to worry about all 3 factions—and maybe non-aligned civilians, if you rob them for scarce resources. Scavenging will feed my loot fetish!

I'm not happy about the TPP, survival tag, or apparent focus on dark environments. Seems to be RPG vibes with inventory management and weight being factors. Choices and consequences, branching dialogues.

"No seeing you through the booshes" :D
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • OS: Windows® 8 64-bit / Windows® 8.1 64-bit / Windows® 10 64-bit
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
    • Memory: 8 MB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti or AMD equivalent
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 10 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX® compatible
I see they have a naval game in the works too—Warships Final Battle.
I don't know for sure, obviously, but the "survival" tag gets put on just about everything these days. They could just be talking about crafting, scavenging for supplies and inventory management. I didn't see them mention you had to eat/drink, but you never know. A lot of games that have that let you turn it off.

I got excited by that naval game until I saw it tagged as "massively multiplayer". I bet it's a mobile game they are just porting to PC.

@Brian Boru Was just thinking about this more. When I said "advanced Far Cry" I really just meant as compared to 6. If you think about 4, it had a lot of RPG elements. It had significant storyline choices to make. It had 2 skill trees that you worked on as you advanced. It had gathering resources and crafting. It had inventory management. I think that's why 4 was my favorite. 6 has its own special features like camp management, but a lot of other stuff was streamlined or eliminated entirely.

naval game until I saw it tagged as "massively multiplayer". I bet it's a mobile
The art style certainly suggests mobile-centric, but looks to be SP also per description "Play in a campaign or against live opponents."

"survival" tag gets put on just about everything
Yeah, I've sensed a big drop in Steam tag usefulness in recent years. They forgot 'roguelike' :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS