Redragon k550 Keyboard "device is not detected" problem

Did you follow ALL these steps?

Note: The Redragon software is a .rar, which requires third party software WinRAR (or a similar program, there are some available for free) to unzip.

How to download Redragon software?
1. Unzip the Redragon software with third party software.
2. Open the file and run to install "setup.exe".
3. If you have problem with Redragon software download, please contact support@redragonshop.com.

Note: For Redragon wireless keyboards, please run the software in wired mode.

Nov 20, 2022
Visit site
hi i recently bought redragon k550 yama rgb-1 version 2 and downloaded the software from this page https://redragonshop.com/pages/software
and every time i run the software it says "device is not detected " can someone help me with that ?
please note that the keyboard is working normally it's just the software of it that doesn't work at all
thanks
I've had mine for a few years and no problem. Software worked beautifully. Then I recently had to get a new hard drive and reload Windows 10. Same freaking machine, just a new hard drive. Yeah... now I'm having the exact same issue. The keyboard works just fine, but the software does NOT see the keyboard. Nothing in Device manager that even might clue us in to the problem. You can still use the "function" controller key.. but yowza, what a pain that is.. but still at least can customize the colors. Not nearly as convenient as using the software. Sad that the company will not reply to this.

Jul 13, 2022
Visit site
I've had mine for a few years and no problem. Software worked beautifully. Then I recently had to get a new hard drive and reload Windows 10. Same freaking machine, just a new hard drive. Yeah... now I'm having the exact same issue. The keyboard works just fine, but the software does NOT see the keyboard. Nothing in Device manager that even might clue us in to the problem. You can still use the "function" controller key.. but yowza, what a pain that is.. but still at least can customize the colors. Not nearly as convenient as using the software. Sad that the company will not reply to this.
i think i got version 2 of that keyboard not the same as yours mine comes with "red switches" and still got no software yours is blue switches right ? according to this page link software is coming but no idea when you need to highlight the three buttons near the top of the page to see it like this you could also try downloading the software for your keyboard from there and try and if you want to control the lighting i use K552RGB software it does detect the keyboard and change the light but no other function is working

Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 20, 2022
Visit site
i think i got version 2 of that keyboard not the same as yours mine comes with "red switches" and still got no software yours is blue switches right ? according to this page link software is coming but no idea when you need to highlight the three buttons near the top of the page to see it like this you could also try downloading the software for your keyboard from there and try and if you want to control the lighting i use K552RGB software it does detect the keyboard and change the light but no other function is working
I actually have the K551, but it's having the same issues. May look at the version of software you suggested and see what that one does.

Jul 13, 2022
Visit site
Okay, I downloaded software versions for K556, and the K552 keyboards. Both software versions work, but the K552 version does not include the number pad, which the K551 keyboard has, so I stuck with the K556, and it detects the keyboard, so my issue is solved... hope this helps others.
glad that it worked for you enjoy it :) hope mine gets solved soon

Jul 13, 2022
Visit site
redragon keyboards are just a pain.

better off buying another brand, all I see is trouble from them on that site Brian suggested you try.

did they ever reply? https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...oard-is-not-detected-by-its-software.3778356/
sorry for late replay and to answer your question no they didn't replay at all and the page here still shows it as coming soon which is unbelievable giving that the keyboard been in the market for a while now -the first version has been on amazon since 2015 - my version which is v.2 was never released officially and it doesn't show any where expect on redragon brazil ,BTW every redragon product has issues i made a mistake of buying a mouse from them once -needed one urgently and didn't have a lot of options - it went to the trash after 2 days too heavy ,bad response time and off course software bugs you couldn't even get the lighting right the problem is there products have a lot -and i mean a lot- of good reviews everywhere why is that ?

Maybe all the reviews are paid for or fake... essentially the same. They aim at markets where better known brands are too expensive and then sell you cheap garbage that they then don't support as they made their money when you bought it.
Next step up from them is razer who sells cheap garbage covered in RGB and promoted by Esports players who probably don't use it.
Best off with Logitech or Corsair or someone who might cost more to buy but their stuff generally works.
I always over pay for my mouse and keyboard as I use them all the time, they might as well be good. Also should last longer.

• Love

TRENDING THREADS