Racing Wheel Compatability

Hi All,

As is always the way I have joined this forum today because I want help with a problem - oh the greed of humanity...

Anyway, I am finally going to by a racing wheel after years of wanting one as racing games are by far my prefered game. Don't got me wrong, I am not any good, i just like them!

So here it is, after extensive research i am saving up for a Logitech G29 but my question is in terms of compatability as a wheel begginer. Although true racing sims like F1 and Gran Turisom are the purer games a play racing games from all platforms. For example the PS exclusive drive club and GT, the Xbox exclusive Forza and the available everyewhere F1 etc.

So my Q is this, does the xbox and playsation variants of the G29 only differ in the buttons or do they actually have some compatibltily issues. Also I play PC, Xbox and Stadia games all through my PC, and a PS console for those games obviously.

If it is more complex than just having different buttons if i bought the PC/PS version of the G29 would the fact that i am playing xbox games via PC eliminate any compabatabiltiy issues with xbox games?

I hope this makes sense!

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Erebor
The G29 is compatible with PS4 & PC.

The G920 is compatible with Xbox One & PC.

It's not just the buttons.

Edit: I think if you can play Xbox titles on PC then the G29 would be compatible with those games on PC, but I'm not 100% sure. There are a few driving sim enthusiasts here so maybe they would know.

Last edited:
The G29 is compatible with PS4 & PC.

The G920 is compatible with Xbox One & PC.

It's not just the buttons.

Edit: I think if you can play Xbox titles on PC then the G29 would be compatible with those games on PC, but I'm not 100% sure. There are a few driving sim enthusiasts here so maybe they would know.
Thank you for the EDIT, I hadn't had time to post until today but I appreciate you answering the question regarding Xbox on PC.

Because that would be my hope. to By the G29 in the hope that the PC compatability covers playing Xbox games on PC.

Any of the driving SIM enthuasiasts able to clarify this?

It does look positive though as on the Logitech site in the FAQ Forza is listed in the compatible list for PC games with the G29...so this seems to indicate compatability for xbox games as long as they are being played on PC

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS