Quiz: Name that movie

Page 36 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Movie was decent, book was better.

C6AykY6.jpg

Reactions: Frindis
Wow, that is going to be hard (for me) is colored so, unless this is special version, leaves out all the old classic I saw long ago like 7 samurai and Yojimbo. Also, the color is old-ish so leaves out 13 assasins and other new-ish period movies y saw more recently. Is not Ran (pretty sure) and the other with that style could be some of the Zatoichi movies but just saw a couple of them including the 2003 one, and that definitely is not. Dammit, I'll go check list of samurai movies lists to see if I can guess

Reactions: Mazer and Frindis
I'd know that perfectly round head anywhere, that's Takeshi Kitano in Zatoichi, the 2003 one.

Fun fact, in 1989 Hollywood adapted Zatoichi into a movie called Blind Fury where Rutger Hauer plays a blind Vietnam vet with insane sword skills.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pifanjr and Frindis
Disney and Warner cartoons together? Isn't that who framed roger rabbit?

Correct! Such an amazing movie, I know some people prefer The Three Caballeros but I think this is the finest marriage of live action traditional cel animation. Makes Space Jam look like a gimmick. And extra crazy to imagine what it would have been like if Eddie Murphy had accepted the role of Eddie Valiant.

Over to you @invader

Reactions: Frindis
Whoa! Eddie Murphy could have been Valiant? That would have been interesting indeed. Anyway Bob Hopkins made an amazing job in it. Space Jam, althought interesting when I first saw it I can't stand it nowadays. While Roger Rabbit can see it through and through every time I catch it.
I'll add the next image soon :D

[EDIT]
This is a quite bad 90's comedy that (admittedly) enjoyed much more than I should have:
imagen.png

Last edited: