PCG Article PUBG owner begins active development on lavish adaptation of Korea's biggest fantasy novels

wow very interesting, I, for one read translated "asian" fantasy novels of various genres for a long time on novelupdates, which is a place to find fan translated web novels which have'nt been published yet sometimes...

I also played PUBG, so this direction Krafton is taking is interesting to me, at least I'll keep an eye on the project to see what comes out of it.

also @ZedClampet someone translated the 1st 6 chapters of the novel "The bird that drinks tears" back in 2016...
although that's all there is, you might want to take a look. 😉

world-slide-5.webp

Also, the concept art on the unannounced project site looks very cool, can't wait to see if they'll actually make a great game out of this that truly embodies the novel's culture, and lore, or will it be a flop of a game. 😅

wow very interesting, I, for one read translated "asian" fantasy novels of various genres for a long time on novelupdates, which is a place to find fan translated web novels which have'nt been published yet sometimes...
Thanks for that site. Going to check it out.

Yeah, the description of the books make them sound like they are up there with the best of all time. If that's true and they can translate that into the game world, it could really be something. Concept art rarely means anything, but I choose to see it as a good sign in this case since they cared enough to hire a big time artist to help.

Thanks for that site. Going to check it out.

Yeah, the description of the books make them sound like they are up there with the best of all time. If that's true and they can translate that into the game world, it could really be something. Concept art rarely means anything, but I choose to see it as a good sign in this case since they cared enough to hire a big time artist to help.
yeah, that artist that krafton hired for the concept art has a big value portfolio of past projects too.

do check that website, you can find many great stories there, also if you might be interested in reading (I daresay) one of the greatest (in my opinion) korean novels about VR gaming, I have a recommendation. 😉

The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
13825f24-031a-45fd-addd-438272af2215.jpg

Synopsis:
Hyun’s what some may call resourceful, thrifty, or, um, stingy. Whatever you call him, he’s also dedicated—he grinded night-and-day to get a top-tier character. But once he sold it, every last cent was taken away by loan sharks. In the new VR MMO Royal Road, he’s committed to making it big for himself and his family. He knows that he should absolutely NEVER be one of those weak and poor sculptors, so what’s he going to do when he accidentally becomes the Legendary Moonlight Sculptor?

With a grand total of:
58 Volumes (Complete)
1450 chapters (complete)

and the english fan translation is fully available to read online for now.
it also exists as a manga/manhwa/webtoon/comic

but that is still currently being made at 170+ chapters, and it's not even at 1/4th of the way through the novel.
anyway, the english comic version can be found officially here:

@redmark_ is your pic a cheesamid?
uhhh, that was from the concept art page of the game mentioned,
but now that you mention it, it really does look like a great big giant hunk of cheese. 🤣🧀📐

They seem to be orange sunglasses.
pc-specs.png

Why no rimshot?

Anyway, if you mean what are the recommended specs for the game on PC, it's way too early to know. Usually don't find that out until closer to launch.

NICE looking specs ya got there. 🤣
it's also possible that by the time this game comes out, it will be so big, that it won't fit my rig. 😉

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts