Hi, I wanted to upgrade my pc.
So here is my upgraded PC config:
ASUS Prime A520M-K
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
16 Go RAM (8x2) Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz
MSI Radeon RX 6650XT
Corsair 450W
Link of my PCPartPicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rxCPBj

Can you tell me if the power supply is suitable with this configuration? Some sites tell me that it is good and others tell me that it is not powerful enough...

Thank you!

Corsair 450W
Is that 450W unit the one shown in your PCPP link? If so, how old is the unit? Even if the unit was brand new, I wouldn't trust it to power anything in a build apart from maybe an office system(no taxation with a mid range discrete GPU). Why? The CV is a rebadged VS unit. Might want to also look into a PSU that's higher in terms of wattage - like 650W or slightly more. Quality wise, if you want to retain the Corsair theme in your build, then look at the RMx units.

Just for context, you might want to state what you're upgrading from, to. Helps us understand what you're doing wrong...as it stands the PCPartPicker URL and your above specs look the same.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Feb 5, 2023
Visit site
Thank you!
Here is my current PC config:
ASUS Prime A520M-K
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 3.60GHz
16 Go RAM Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz
GEFORCE Zotac RTX 3050 8GB
Corsair 450W

I play mainly CS:GO and I often have fps drops arround 200 fps, I know that CS:GO is a game that depends mostly on CPU and RAM.
I was told that changing only the CPU would not make much of a difference so I decided to change the CPU and also GPU (even though I play with all settings in low). If you have any advice, don't hesitate ! :)

Reactions: Brian Boru
I am not sure 450w gives any wiggle room.

Did you check the PC out on the Corsair PC Builder and see what they suggest?
looking at your case, GPU & CPU they suggest 550w - https://www.corsair.com/us/en/pc-builder/psu-finder/case

I upgraded GPU from a 2070 Super to a 7900 XT last month. I also swapped PSU as there was doubt as to if my old one was enough. GPU maker suggests one thing, websites another. Better to be safe than sorry. So I probably have more power than I need but its not like its a waste. It only uses what its asked for.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS