Possible upgrade?

Sep 11, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

I've installed the Sims 4 about a week ago and I'm having several issues with it. The loading screens are taking a very long time - up to 15 minutes or so to get from destinations into play mode, and today I've come across the problem that when I click on the mobile phone in play mode to "Find a job" - the game freezes for about 5 seconds and then closes itself back onto the desktop with no "not responding" or "error" message.

I do have a lot of CC in my Mods folder which I did think could be the issue - so I have tried doing the whole moving it to the desktop and then back to its original place as well as removing many of my Mod files so there aren't too many for the game to take on board but this has been to no avail.

I've been looking online to try and find some solutions to my problems and I'm wondering whether it's just the fact that I either don't have enough RAM, don't have enough storage space on my SSD or maybe even both?

Let's put it this way - I have hardly anything installed on my PC other than the bog standards - Chrome and Razer Synapse for my headset - and despite that, my PC is only able to download the Sims 4 and no other game that's around the same size.

With what I've looked at online, I'm currently thinking of upgrading to 8GB RAM and upgrading my SSD.

Thoughts?

I've attached my specs if they are of any use. Perhaps someone can tell me if my PC is unable to handle the game?
PLEASE NOTE: The Sims 4 is currently uninstalled so that is not a part of what is taking up space at the moment. I believe when I had the Sims 4 installed I had about 15GB space left.

Screenshot-1.png

Zoid

Community Contributor
I've been looking online to try and find some solutions to my problems and I'm wondering whether it's just the fact that I either don't have enough RAM, don't have enough storage space on my SSD or maybe even both?

Let's put it this way - I have hardly anything installed on my PC other than the bog standards - Chrome and Razer Synapse for my headset - and despite that, my PC is only able to download the Sims 4 and no other game that's around the same size.

With what I've looked at online, I'm currently thinking of upgrading to 8GB RAM and upgrading my SSD.

Thoughts?

I've attached my specs if they are of any use. Perhaps someone can tell me if my PC is unable to handle the game?
PLEASE NOTE: The Sims 4 is currently uninstalled so that is not a part of what is taking up space at the moment. I believe when I had the Sims 4 installed I had about 15GB space left.
15GB of space remaining on your SSD (which I assume is a 128GB or 256GB SSD?) is not much, and you may start to experience some degradation of performance, but I wouldn't think it would cause 15 minute load times.

4GB of RAM is the minimum recommended spec for Sims 4, so you're riding the lower limit there.

While you're playing, open up task manager (or some other hardware monitoring software) and see what your resource utilization is, especially on those long load screens and especially when you experience crashes. If you're seeing 100% RAM and high disk utilization then that might give you a clue.

I'm not entirely sure that this is a hardware performance issue though. It might be a contributing factor, but 15 minute loading screens and freezing on specific in-game actions isn't likely to be hardware by itself.

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers? Also not likely to be the sole cause but worth a shot.

Reactions: richadok

TRENDING THREADS