Poor system performance. Trying to figure out why

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSO

Jul 13, 2022
Visit site
[Mod edit: OP, please message a moderator if you ever return and need this thread reopened.]

I've listed the specs of my computer below. While it's far from a "powerhouse" it DOES meet (or exceed) the system requirements for the games I play. Many start to load and then crash repeatedly. Some take a long time for the launcher and the game itself to load. my internet connection is via Verizon fios and my signal is generally strong. my original post included the particular games, but for some reason this website saw them as "spam-like" so I had to remove their names. The game that takes forever for the launcher and game to load, rhymes with Lineshaft, another problem game rhymes with Roadblocks.

A lot of times it takes forever just to even load a web browser or google chrome for school. I have Kaspersky virus protection and my system drive has lots of available space, so I'm not sure what else to look at. any suggestions appreciated. thanks

processor: Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @2.80ghz 2.81 ghz
installed ram: 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

running:

Edition: Windows 11 Home
version: 21H2

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: redmark_
So, Minecraft and Roblox?
You should be a detective! :D

my internet connection is via Verizon fios and my signal is generally strong

A lot of times it takes forever just to even load a web browser or google chrome
That reads like a contradiction to me???

Both games need an internet connection, right? Are they only online, or can you play offline single player too?

Is your PC desktop or laptop?

Main 2 Qs our experts will want answers to are:
1. What's your graphics card?
2. What's your power supply make & model?

• Haha
Reactions: Alm and Slasken
I don't quite understand...
if it's minecraft and roblox, this thread feels like a meme somehow... 😅

those specs are enough to run both, and Minecraft doesn't even need internet to run... 🤔

it could be something else rather than just the specs of your CPU and RAM.
could be drivers or... 😫

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS