Peripherals turn off at random

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2020
Visit site
So I recently built a new pc and for 2 months everything went okay. For no reason then my peripherals (Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, Headset) would randomly disconnect and wouldnt reconnect until i crashed the pc manually. On my mainboard the cpu debug led would turn on while the peripherals are offline. I baught a new power supply: no change. I updated all drivers: no change: i resocketed the cpu: no change. I updated my BIOS: no change. Im running out of ideas since every expert i asked said it was a power problem.
Components:
GPU: Radeon Rx5700 Xt
CPU: Amd Ryzen 2600
Mainboard: Msi B450M M2 Pro
Powersupply: CoolerMaster 700W

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
Have you tried swapping them arround, plugging them into a different USB port?

It could be a motherboard issue, not necessarily that it's broken but I had a simular issue with my Ryzen 2600 and a MSI mobo. It didn't disconnect, but half of the time they wouldn't be recognized by my PC and I had to replug them before they worked.

Also, are you using any USB hubs by chance? I'm really not sure if that can affect it but it may be worth checking.

The CoolerMaster 700W, is that your old or replaced power supply? Can you give us the exact model?

Oct 14, 2020
Visit site
I have the same exact problem, and we have almost the same build. Sometimes for a week, the computer would not experience any problems. But then, when my peripherals starts to lose power, it would happen continuously for that day.
Components:
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ Rx5700 XT (1 month old)
CPU: Ryzen 2600
Motherboard: MSI Mortar Titanium B450M
PSU: Seasonic 80+ Gold 550w (1 month old)

Is your PC plugged into the wall or a surge protector, rather than a UPS?
It could be your local electricity supplier isn't great and has bad days.

Where are the peripherals connected?
Ideally into the back of your PC, the ports there are usually the best.
If you're using a hub, it's better if it's independently powered—ie plugged into a power source other than the PC.

Do you run any particular software before the power loss happens? Rendering graphics say, or large spreadsheet full of formulae, will stress a system.

Reactions: Andre
Oct 14, 2020
Visit site
Is your PC plugged into the wall or a surge protector, rather than a UPS?
It could be your local electricity supplier isn't great and has bad days.

Where are the peripherals connected?
Ideally into the back of your PC, the ports there are usually the best.
If you're using a hub, it's better if it's independently powered—ie plugged into a power source other than the PC.

Do you run any particular software before the power loss happens? Rendering graphics say, or large spreadsheet full of formulae, will stress a system.

The problem always occurs while I'm gaming. Games like Warzone, or Apex triggers the problem.

I got my PC plugged into the wall. Also, all my peripherals are plugged at the back of my computer.

The problem irritates me because it comes and goes. It won't occur for about 1-2 weeks, but when it starts to occur, it would happen like 4-5 times that day. Turning off the power supply and holding the power button for 30 seconds to 1 minute seems to help lessen the chances of the problem re-occuring.

I didn't experience these problems before I upgraded my setup.

Oct 14, 2020
Visit site
The problem always occurs while I'm gaming. Games like Warzone, or Apex triggers the problem.

I got my PC plugged into the wall. Also, all my peripherals are plugged at the back of my computer.

The problem irritates me because it comes and goes. It won't occur for about 1-2 weeks, but when it starts to occur, it would happen like 4-5 times that day. Turning off the power supply and holding the power button for 30 seconds to 1 minute seems to help lessen the chances of the problem re-occuring.

I didn't experience these problems before I upgraded my setup.

I monitored my GPU and CPU temps, and they both have normal temps

Feb 21, 2022
Visit site
So I recently built a new pc and for 2 months everything went okay. For no reason then my peripherals (Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, Headset) would randomly disconnect and wouldnt reconnect until i crashed the pc manually. On my mainboard the cpu debug led would turn on while the peripherals are offline. I baught a new power supply: no change. I updated all drivers: no change: i resocketed the cpu: no change. I updated my BIOS: no change. Im running out of ideas since every expert i asked said it was a power problem.
Components:
GPU: Radeon Rx5700 Xt
CPU: Amd Ryzen 2600
Mainboard: Msi B450M M2 Pro
Powersupply: CoolerMaster 700W
Did you ever find a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.