Solved Performance Upgrade Suggestions v2...

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys... Thank you all for the amazing replies on the previous thread!!
I'm back here with another PC which i could upgrade and would like your suggestions..!
The specifications are in the image below..

View: https://imgur.com/a/rY0thyo

This system is also not prebuilt.
I'd like to get suggestions on which graphics card could be best suitable with my i7-2600K..
My budget would be Rs.15000
Again I'd like to play games like GTA V, PUBG, Max Payne 3, Destiny 2, ARK:Survival Evolved, CSGO.. and more such mostly which are old releases.. maybe upto 2013-14..
I wouldn't mind about high or ultra graphics while playing... I'd be okay playing them at low graphic settings..

Thank you so much guys and please let me know your opinions!!

So you have 2 PCs, and you want to upgrade both.. or just one..? Or what?

If it's just one, and it's for gaming, upgrade this one. The extra cores on the 2600k are probably more important than the slightly higher IPC on your i3 in the other system.

A graphics card like RX 570 / GTX 1650 would be more than fine. Whichever of the two is cheaper locally.

Assuming your case and PSU support them.

Reactions: Linpaws
Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
So you have 2 PCs, and you want to upgrade both.. or just one..? Or what?

If it's just one, and it's for gaming, upgrade this one. The extra cores on the 2600k are probably more important than the slightly higher IPC on your i3 in the other system.

A graphics card like RX 570 / GTX 1650 would be more than fine. Whichever of the two is cheaper locally.

Assuming your case and PSU support them.
I'm so glad that you asked.. I have both the pcs and my thought was to sell one to upgrade the other...

Now I've finally decided to upgrade the i7-2600K just as you said the extra cores are much helpful than the IPC on i3.

I think I'll opt for the GTX1650 as its price is around Rs12-13k while the rx570 is quite costly..

Pretty sure about the case but I'll check if the PSU supports it or not..

Reactions: Frindis
Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
The RX 570 seemed to be the same price, ish, on Amazon.in. If it's super expensive, it's the RX 5700, which is different

Confirming it once again its Rs.14,400

While the GTX1650 is Rs.12,169

I'm glad you're such a great help over here.. let me know if I'm mistaken here.. thanks for the replies it means a lot!!

Ah, cool, I must have misread the prices, sorry about that - I thought they were closer to 12000 :)

If the 1650 is cheaper by quite a bit, then go for it. As long as your case and PSU support it.

Note that some modern graphics cards apparently need the motherboard to have a UEFI bios, which some older boards don't have. From googling, it looks like your board does have that (1) (2) however

Reactions: Frindis
Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
Ah, cool, I must have misread the prices, sorry about that - I thought they were closer to 12000

If the 1650 is cheaper by quite a bit, then go for it. As long as your case and PSU support it.

Note that some modern graphics cards apparently need the motherboard to have a UEFI bios, which some older boards don't have. From googling, it looks like your board does have that (1) (2) however
Well I got lucky maybe about the UEFI bios, the PSU is iBall JSW-252 which is nowhere to be found on the internet and can't find its wattage output written over it...
Assuming it might be a 250W or 400W..
Gonna hope for it to be a 400W to support the GTX1650..

If its a 250W maybe I'll need to replace it too..
I still don't know how to check for the watt..

The 1650 is a 75W card so even if 250W it might just be enough.

Note that some 1650s have a 6 pin connector to draw additional power from the PSU, while othrs draw their power only from the mobo PCIe slot.

If you decide to replace the PSU, don't buy a 'trash tier' one. Buy something at the very least like a Corsair VS or CV series, or EVGA white/bronze etc, etc, depending what's available locally. A lot of the absolute cheapest PSUs are very badly built and sometimes potentially hazardous.

Reactions: Linpaws
Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
The 1650 is a 75W card so even if 250W it might just be enough.

Note that some 1650s have a 6 pin connector to draw additional power from the PSU, while othrs draw their power only from the mobo PCIe slot.

If you decide to replace the PSU, don't buy a 'trash tier' one. Buy something at the very least like a Corsair VS or CV series, or EVGA white/bronze etc, etc, depending what's available locally. A lot of the absolute cheapest PSUs are very badly built and sometimes potentially hazardous.
Okay so maybe for the time I'll stick to the PSU i already have and if i have budget i'll go check for those you've mentioned!! Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Oussebon

TRENDING THREADS