Non- noise cancelling headset

Apr 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking to buy a headset for my husband's birthday present, <£50, ideally black with blue LEDs or blue detail to match the LEDs in his PC tower.
The issue is, they can't cancel background noise because he has the baby monitor on a night when I'm in bed, so needs to be able to hear it, but everything I look at has noise cancellation!
Any suggestions would be gratefully received

I had a look on Amazon. This might fit the bill:

It has RGB lighting which I think you should be able to pick the colour that the light displays.

And whilst it has a noise cancelling mic, I think that the earphones aren't noise cancelling.

It is a USB headset rather than 3.5mm jack (which I personally prefer but might be down to personal taste).

<£50, ideally black with blue LEDs or blue detail … they can't cancel background noise
That's pretty much what both of us have here, and we like it so much we've bought again and now even have a spare for whenever one gives up the ghost—to preserve the ghost, try not to let the battery run down into red too often. You can use it wired of course, which avoids that issue.

It looks like that model has been discontinued, so check out the comparable models listed on that page.

What I especially like is it's very light on the head and ears. I tried lots of other headsets, up to ~$150, but they were all uncomfortable for use beyond an hour or so—I have a sissy head and ears :)

Apr 10, 2021
Visit site
I had a look on Amazon. This might fit the bill:

It has RGB lighting which I think you should be able to pick the colour that the light displays.

And whilst it has a noise cancelling mic, I think that the earphones aren't noise cancelling.

It is a USB headset rather than 3.5mm jack (which I personally prefer but might be down to personal taste).
Thank you, it's really kind of you to search one for me, it looks perfect!

Reactions: Alm
Apr 10, 2021
Visit site
That's pretty much what both of us have here, and we like it so much we've bought again and now even have a spare for whenever one gives up the ghost—to preserve the ghost, try not to let the battery run down into red too often. You can use it wired of course, which avoids that issue.

It looks like that model has been discontinued, so check out the comparable models listed on that page.

What I especially like is it's very light on the head and ears. I tried lots of other headsets, up to ~$150, but they were all uncomfortable for use beyond an hour or so—I have a sissy head and ears :)
Thank you! I'll have a look into similar models 🙂

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Since you are in the European market and selection may be limited, check out the Logitech G430. They're an older model, and my guess it sometimes more of that inventory gets sent out once it's over clearance here in the states. Just a guess. They are serviceable (can use USB or stereo connection) and because they are cheap, it's not a big deal if baby bends something the wrong way o_O.

Of course wearing any over ear headphones will isolate you in some way. That is the design. You might have to pay more, but you could also look for open-cup over-ear headhones, which let sound pass through.

Edit: Oh, well I looked and it's not available on amazon.co.uk :confused: They do have the G432 which has nicer ear cuffs and is still under £ 50 !

Reactions: MrsG1090
Apr 10, 2021
Visit site
Since you are in the European market and selection may be limited, check out the Logitech G430. They're an older model, and my guess it sometimes more of that inventory gets sent out once it's over clearance here in the states. Just a guess. They are serviceable (can use USB or stereo connection) and because they are cheap, it's not a big deal if baby bends something the wrong way o_O.

Of course wearing any over ear headphones will isolate you in some way. That is the design. You might have to pay more, but you could also look for open-cup over-ear headhones, which let sound pass through.

Edit: Oh, well I looked and it's not available on amazon.co.uk :confused: They do have the G432 which has nicer ear cuffs and is still under £ 50 !
Thank you for the info 🙂

TRENDING THREADS