No talks about 2021's PC gaming show?

Now that it's formally part of E3 now, i'm surprised there's very few people talking about it. Heck, I'm even more suprised that PC Gamer Magazine isn't encouraging discussion about it through Disqus so... I guess I'll make this thread about what people wanna see from the show.

To start off the thread, I know that Epic Games is a major player (and probably the biggest) when it comes to the PCGS' announcements so to make the most out of an otherwise unfavourable situation, I'm gonna hope that they plan on targeting several Japanese game developers for Epic Exclusivity. Particularly, Bandai Namco Studios, Inc. cuz they're the developers of the Gundam Extreme VS Series. Would be nice if they can fund a PC port of Maxi BOOST ON IMO

Also, because i'm a member of the elite few who actually has an RTX 3070, I can't help but wanna see Square-Enix sneak in raytracing for the Kingdom Hearts III PC port

wow, a 3070 owner, you really do exist...

They might talk about it on discord, I don't take any notice of there most days though.
Article comments don't link here, so there is that. the community is very disjointed

Maybe once E3 is actually on, they will make threads on it here, I don't know... I just look after the forums.

I am sure some regulars here will comment on this thread.

Jan 19, 2020
Visit site
I'm gonna hope .... for Epic Exclusivity.
I don't get why gamers champion exclusivity or corporate shenanigans that support such things. I'm going to hope for more platform interop and cross platform ports.

If a studio/publisher wants to sell through a single store front, fine. I get that kind of. If a corporately owned studio or publisher wants to sell their game exclusively through their store front or platform (Ubisoft, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox, etc), I get that kind of. But I can't endorse and won't condone the practice of buying out exclusive sales contracts so gamers are force funneled through a particular vendor.

Today I learned there is a PC gaming show (in a sea of PC gaming shows) called "PCGS". The idea that they endorse and promote this sort of exclusive behavior makes me want to write them off and avoid them. I can only hope a show like this will wither on the vine sooner than later. The last thing the PC gaming industry needs is console and cross platform ports exclusive to a single store front because money is thrown their way by the sales vendor.

I don't get why gamers champion exclusivity or corporate shenanigans that support such things. I'm going to hope for more platform interop and cross platform ports.

If a studio/publisher wants to sell through a single store front, fine. I get that kind of. If a corporately owned studio or publisher wants to sell their game exclusively through their store front or platform (Ubisoft, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox, etc), I get that kind of. But I can't endorse and won't condone the practice of buying out exclusive sales contracts so gamers are force funneled through a particular vendor.

Today I learned there is a PC gaming show (in a sea of PC gaming shows) called "PCGS". The idea that they endorse and promote this sort of exclusive behavior makes me want to write them off and avoid them. I can only hope a show like this will wither on the vine sooner than later. The last thing the PC gaming industry needs is console and cross platform ports exclusive to a single store front because money is thrown their way by the sales vendor.
Well, the thing with the PC Gaming Show is that Epic Games takes up a HUGE chunk of the stream's runtime. Epic announcing multiple games exclusive to their storefront is a certainty with PC Gamer's E3 stream. I think what would make an unfavourable situation less unfavourable would be if some of those Epic Exclusives included games that likely wouldn't even be on PC otherwise, kinda like how Epic commissioned the PC ports of Kingdom Hearts III and NEO: The World Ends With You.

Epic Games aside, I think another thing i'd like to see would be the various different titles from the Apogee Showcase that barely told us anything about the projects that Apogee Entertainment plans on publishing. GZDOOM powered Blake Stone reboot plz?

TRENDING THREADS