Question Next gen GPU or RTX 2070 super

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
So for the last 3 months I've had a Used Radeon 580 4GB that keeps crashing and I've traced the problem to the integrity of the hardware so i gotta upgrade but currently I've no idea what to do i mean NVIDIA is going to announce its 3000 Gen this summer and also AMD is going to give us its first GPU with Ray-tracing that's going to come out this Fall.
So i thought I'd come here and ask what you guys think should i buy a RTX 2070 super or wait?
I can't keep this one cause its crashing like crazy and i can't downgrade to my old GPU cause it's a GTX 750ti and it's absolute trash
I'd really appreciate you guys telling me your thoughts.

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
Well after the first 3 crashes i Emailed AMD and the support guided me through so many processes (Mostly Drivers) but after a long time of crashing he wrote:
"Thank you for your response.
I have reviewed the entire mail and I suspect that the issue might have been causing due to the potential hardware failure of the graphic card.
And please be informed that AMD Radeon RX 580 graphic card is manufactured by AMD partners like MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, etc, as this graphic card is manufactured by AMD partners, I suggest you get in touch with the GPU manufacture to claim the warranty."

and i can't do that because we don't even have an AMD store in my country.
My monitor is an Optix G27C2 Resolution: 1920 x 1080 Refresh rate: 144Hz

If you haven't done a clean reinstallation of Windows, that would be worth trying.

I'm not sure there are any AMD stores in any country?

You'd access the RMA by contacting the company that made the GPU, or sometimes the place that sold you the GPU.

In any event, a 2070 Super is massive overkill for 1080p gaming. I'd really have suggested an RTX 2060 non-Super or RX 5700 at the very most.

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
I've done a windows reinstallation but not a clean one so I'm going to give that a go, by AMD stores i meant that my country is boycott from everything and there's no legit support for anything really, for an upgrade i really want something that supports ray-tracing and i know that for now 2070 super is a bit overkill but 2 years from now... i don't think so.

The problem with buying overkill to "futureproof" is that it's not futureproof.

Because by the time you need that extra horsepower, newer and faster GPUs will be on the market, for a lower price, and - most of all - with new technologies.

For instance, if you had bought a GTX 1080 ti to futureproof, it wouldn't be, because no RTX (and no Turing architecture which some games / drivers are optimised for). Same thing with the 2070 Super. In 2 years, current gen RTX cards may well be too weak to handle ray tracing in games. This is the first gen of RTX and further gens will almost certainly have better or more mature ray tracing hardware.

For futureproofing, buying overkill almost never works better than saving money to buy future products.

The clean install is worth a go. Hope it works, and it opens up more options re: possibly waiting.

Reactions: ZORXdsh

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts