Question Newer games (2019- onwards) going into slow motion

Aug 27, 2023
Visit site
Their has been a thing with newer games on my laptop where if built around mid 2018 and onwards most of them run in like slow-motion whereas other games published just a year before do not !! This is incredibly frustrating as I could run one game at like 50+ fps and the other with unnoticeable graphical differences as the former one runs in slow motion (not even laggy, just at like 0.25x the speed).

What I know for sure is the graphical hardware of my laptop is certainly NOT the problem. I'll give an example, just look at WWE 2K18 and WWE 2K19 on the PC, absolutely no difference in terms of graphics or API (both run on DX11), but whereas WWE 2K18 runs great on my laptop, WWE 2K19 for some goddamn reason decides to 0.25x itself. Everything's fine up to the menu and wrestler selection, but right as I load into the game it runs in actual slow-motion and is really unplayable. How come two almost identical games perform so different on the same hardware ??

Some real technical help is really needed for this problem as I have tried every average gamer "tricks" like tweaking the config files or lowering graphical resolution and turning off other stuff but to no avail. I am using Intel graphics (128 MB VRAM) if that helps (Although probably not because WWE 2K18 has no problem with it).

Welcome to the forum :)

Go to PCGameBenchmark and see what it says.
I am using Intel graphics (128 MB VRAM)
I'm no expert on this, but it's strange the '18 game runs well for you. Specs I see elsewhere say…
WWE 2K18 Recommended Requirements
VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 970 / AMD GPU Radeon R9 290X
DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4096 MB
…which are a lot higher than what you have.

Do you have other specific examples of pairs of similar games, one running well, the other not?

Reactions: neogunhero
Aug 27, 2023
Visit site
Sure, I have a 12th Gen Core i7 processor with 16 gigs of RAM on my laptop (I think rest you can figure).

Games like GTA V, AC Syndicate, Batman A.O. , run around and above 45 FPS at 1080p (med/high) and all of them run at 60 FPS at 1600x900 (high/ultra). But the issue with WWE 2K19 and almost all games requiring DX12 (ones which I ran include WWE 2K22/23, COD C.W., PES 20) is that they automatically go into slow-mo, I could bear with games like RDR2 not running but seeing how WWE 2K18 and WWE 2K19 are absolutely the "same" games is unacceptable. Some help in regards to downloading some software or something like that would be great.

P.S. : Also there is a thing where one system info says Total Available Video Memory = 8096 MB and then there's dxdiag which says Display Memory = 128 MB so there's that 🫤 but I don't think that's the issue here

Last edited:
Software and laptops are not my thing but heres a couple of basic steps.

You could start by installing the latest Intel Iris XE drivers for your laptop

Besides that you could try running System file checker.

I assume this will work in Win 11. That should find if you have any corrupted DX12 files or similar.

Aug 27, 2023
Visit site
I think I have got what the larger issue is. Is there any way to run games as fast as they do when plugged ? Maybe the game is assuming I'm on power saver mode and then slows down

TRENDING THREADS