New to PC

Aug 14, 2022
Visit site
Hey Everyone, i am unsure where to post this thread so apologies to the admins. However i am moving from xbox to pc, i have no clue on what specs are good for quality gaming on PC. i have looked at youtube videos and they aren’t giving me the answers i need. I am looking at a pc that is $1799 AUD, with these specs

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 CPU with Wraith Stealth cooler, MSI Pro B550M-P Gen3 Motherboard, MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Ventus GP OC 6GB graphics card, 16GB Team T-Force Delta RGB 3200MHz memory, 500GB Team Cardea Z44L M.2 NVMe Gen4 SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda hard drive, Aerocool Visor ARGB Tempered Glass Case, Windows 10

Will this computer be capable of running the new games with quality settings (FPS, Graphics etc) with no delay or lag? or will i have to buy new parts in the next few months/years?? or if there is any gaming computers you guys suggest please comment below.

Cheers guys! :)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Welcome to the forum :)

$1799 AUD
= $1280 or €1250 or £1050

Our experts will be along soon, in the meantime:

I assume you're planning to buy a PC, rather than build yourself?

Monitor: 1080p @60Hz or 8K @144Hz or…? Included in budget? Also, are other extras included, eg mouse, mat, keyboard, USB hub, backup drive…?

What PSU is in it? The most important part of a PC.

6GB graphics
That won't get you your desired quality on new action games—my ancient 1060 has 6GB VRAM. You want at least 12GB VRAM to last you a few years with new games.

500GB Team Cardea Z44L M.2 NVMe Gen4 SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda hard drive
Do you have a lot of large personal data files to store—spreadsheets, music, images, video etc? That's what the 2TB Seagate is good for, ie bulk storage.

If your only use is gaming, then I suggest a 256GB SSD for Windows and software, and at least 1TB SSD for games. SSD is much faster than HD, so many games will benefit a lot.

Will this computer be capable of running the new games with quality settings (FPS, Graphics etc) with no delay or lag?
It'll be decent, but by no means cutting edge, so the answer is 'No'.

Reactions: Lutfij

TRENDING THREADS