New PC Build - No Video Output | Need Help Troubleshooting

Jun 9, 2024
Visit site
I recently built my first ever PC, and I'm running into an issue where I'm not getting any video output. All of my components are brand new, and I'm not sure what the problem could be. I would greatly appreciate if the community could provide a checklist to help me troubleshoot and eliminate potential problems.

My PC specifications are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B550M-A AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Kingston NV2 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Case: BitFenix Nova Mesh M ARGB MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RM650 (2023) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I have also attached video link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WCqXJ5QTZMw4u7CbfQ4jiAkV2Qyd-bOD/view?usp=drivesdk to provide more context about the issue I'm facing.

I'm feeling quite worried and frustrated, as I was really looking forward to setting up and using my new PC. Any assistance the community can provide would be enormously helpful.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to review my issue and providing guidance. I'm eager to get this resolved so I can start enjoying my new build.

Reactions: Brian Boru
In the video it sounds like the motherboard error is 1 long and 3 short beeps. I Googled this and it said the ram is not compatible or faulty.

View: https://imgur.com/a/k1qzSZF

It might be worth trying each stick of the RAM on its own to see if one works.

There are others here far more knowledgeable than me but it might be a start.

Welcome to the forum :)

There are others here far more knowledgeable than me

Same here, wait for some expert input—but meantime here's what Copilot had to say:

I asked

"what does it mean when a pc boots with one long beep followed by 3 short beeps and then another short beep?"

Copliot answered

The meaning of the beep code can vary depending on the motherboard’s BIOS manufacturer. Here are some general interpretations:

AMI BIOS: One long and three short beeps could suggest a memory (RAM) problem1.
Award BIOS: This pattern might indicate a video card not detected error2.

In both cases, the additional short beep could be a further indication of the specific nature of the hardware failure. It’s recommended to check the motherboard’s manual or the manufacturer’s website for the exact meaning of the beep code for your specific BIOS version.

To troubleshoot, you may want to:

Reseat the memory modules to ensure they are properly connected.
Test the memory modules one at a time to identify if one is faulty.
Check the video card (if applicable) to ensure it’s fully seated in its slot.
Consult the motherboard’s manual for specific troubleshooting steps related to the beep code.

Reactions: Alm
I recently built my first ever PC, and I'm running into an issue where I'm not getting any video output.

As above says, the CPU doesn't have an integrated Graphics processor. So attaching a screen to the video out on the motherboard won't produce a picture.

You need to buy a GPU to get a picture out of PC.

If you still get the beeps after getting a GPU:

if its ram,
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the errors. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts