new GPU and CPU water cooler - troubleshooting

Sep 18, 2022
Visit site
Hello, i am trying to assist my son with help on his new GPU that we upgraded from a MSI nvidia 1050ti to ASus Geforce 3070 ti GPU.
we ran DDU uninstall utlity first then installed the new GPU and ran geforce experince install fresh with both drivers and Geforce exp.
everything is working as it should he started to play Apex legends with superior performance.
To note his monitor is a Asus tuf gaming monitor - 144hz

We also just upgraded the heat sink to a Corsair h100i elite capellix water cooler and it works great so far

I also upgraded his HDD to a onboard Samsung M2 drive.

screenshots of apps hardware specs and current state - using Windows 10 pro - https://flic.kr/ps/2YtiVL

another site just in case if doesnt work :

Questions are what is causing huge spike with Battlefield V ?

what other settings do we need to check .

what should we set the fans too for iCUE

what do you recommend to set MSI afterburner too?

we noticed the CPU cooler fans will go really high at 100 cpu obvious reasons.

we installed Bitdefender AV as i have sub to it for 5 devices i hope that is not causing it, I turned it off and still same issue.

also how can i monitor his PC hardware remotely from my machine?

Hello, i am trying to assist my son with help on his new GPU that we upgraded from a MSI nvidia 1050ti to ASus Geforce 3070 ti GPU.
we ran DDU uninstall utlity first then installed the new GPU and ran geforce experince install fresh with both drivers and Geforce exp.
everything is working as it should he started to play Apex legends with superior performance.
To note his monitor is a Asus tuf gaming monitor - 144hz

We also just upgraded the heat sink to a Corsair h100i elite capellix water cooler and it works great so far

I also upgraded his HDD to a onboard Samsung M2 drive.

screenshots of apps hardware specs and current state - using Windows 10 pro - https://flic.kr/ps/2YtiVL

another site just in case if doesnt work :

Questions are what is causing huge spike with Battlefield V ?

what other settings do we need to check .

what should we set the fans too for iCUE

what do you recommend to set MSI afterburner too?

we noticed the CPU cooler fans will go really high at 100 cpu obvious reasons.

we installed Bitdefender AV as i have sub to it for 5 devices i hope that is not causing it, I turned it off and still same issue.

also how can i monitor his PC hardware remotely from my machine?

Hi :)

Setting fan curves is quite subjective to your own needs. IMO keeping CPU and GPU under or around 80C while gaming is an OK place to aim for, but technically up to 100c is 'ok' according to Intel and 93 c for the 3070Ti.

The only way to know how where to set the curve is to test in a game, monitor and adjust. You may also need to adjust it depending on the time of year/room temperature, so its not necessarily set and forget. Idle temperature are not important at all so you can set the curves to minimum or off under 60C if you want.

Battlefield 5 online is pretty multi-threaded, people used it as a stress test for CPU overclocks a few years ago because it can max out CPU's quite easily. Thats probably why youre getting a spike there, its normal for that game.

I run my notoriosly hot CPU 9900k on balanced in iCUE (h150i AIO), top mounted radiator and on balanced water temps never go above 34c unless my room is realy hot in summer when it might go as high as 36c. My cpu usually never go aboove 72c while gaming though i maxed it out at 87c while stresstesting the CPU hard. Balanced should do the trick unless you want to change it for noise or something.

When it comes to BF5 i can't tell since i never played it myself :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
change it for noice or something
My ignorance on the finer points comes to the fore when trying to mentally correct typos. I wonder does 'noice' mean:
There's a new tech term I don't know—very probable;
It's cool to run a cooling system with no ice—surely not;
It might be nice—which is always, well, nice;
Or more likely, 'noise'—makes sense, change it for air cooling with noisy fans.

This has helped, I had 8 possibilities in mind initially, nearly halved now.

My ignorance on the finer points comes to the fore when trying to mentally correct typos. I wonder does 'noice' mean:
There's a new tech term I don't know—very probable;
It's cool to run a cooling system with no ice—surely not;
It might be nice—which is always, well, nice;
Or more likely, 'noise'—makes sense, change it for air cooling with noisy fans.

This has helped, I had 8 possibilities in mind initially, nearly halved now.
Just means Im swedish :p But noise yes.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS