new gamer laptop for alan wake 2

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Its a good laptop but wont be enough for Alan Wake 2, my own RTX 3070ti laptop gave me 6-7fps with everything on ultra including the Ray Tracing and DLSS turned off.
Alan Wake 2 is badly optimized, im just gonna wait for a few weeks for the game to get a few updates and get optimized a bit to make it playable.

The laptop you mentioned is OKAY, will run most of the modern games and upcoming games, and also the newer games are coming with dlss 3.5 support which has the frame generation technology specifically for the RTX 40 series which generates frames using AI, which means that this graphics card will make most of the upcoming games playable even if they are too graphically demanding.

Alan wake will surely run on this graphics card but wont give a good experience right now, it is currently one of the most unoptimized game on the market. Even with a few updates that game will have to be played on the lowest settings to get at least 30-40fps on RTX 4050.

I have seen gamers run this game even on 1650ti, with FSR support(AI upscaling with game running on lower resolution), and it gave 20-30fps, but the game looked horrible.

The laptop is overall good and should last you for at least 5-6years if used with proper care.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Thank you for the answer.
I found this one thats is better https://www.dustinhome.dk/product/5011338122/gf63-thin.
I will just play Alan Wake 2 on Geforce Now as I dont want to spent that much money on a laptop.

This on does have a better graphics card than the last one, should have no problem giving a console like experience with a good graphics settings without ray tracing.

Console experience=30fps on average.

Thank you for the answer.
I found this one thats is better https://www.dustinhome.dk/product/5011338122/gf63-thin.
I will just play Alan Wake 2 on Geforce Now as I dont want to spent that much money on a laptop.

I don't want to contradict anyone, but I suspect that with DLSS set to "on" and ray tracing off that you would get an acceptable framerate on that first laptop you listed in Alan Wake.

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
I don't want to contradict anyone, but I suspect that with DLSS set to "on" and ray tracing off that you would get an acceptable framerate on that first laptop you listed in Alan Wake.
Hi,

I dont mean to be rude or anything, but if you dont know how exactly DLSS works, here is something that I think you should know.

There's not exactly an on and off switch for DLSS, except there is, but when you turn it on, that is just not it, you have to set the DLSS according to the performance you want.

DLSS runs the game at lower resolution to boos the FPS, and makes up for that lower resolution by upscaling the Frames to the native resolution that you are playing on using AI. You have to manually set the DLSS to either "Quality", "Balanced", "Performance" and "Ultra Performance", as you go towards the Ultra Performance the resolution will keep on decreasing and more upscaling will be required, if you are playing at 1080p, then the ultra performance should run the game at 480p and upscale it to 1080p which will obviously not give you a pleasant experience.

Now in the case of alan wake 2, the game is good but needs more optimization, dont you think that a game should give almost equal FPS at every stage irrespective of whats on the screen. Alan Wake 2's some scenes and level are just too graphically demanding, like the forest scene in the start, I am currently playing this game on my Acer Nitro-5 which has an i7 12650H processor and RTX 3070Ti graphics card, i have around 5-6hours of gameplay. As the game starts, when you complete the first scene, you arrive at the forest and get to look around for clues to a murder, in that forest I got around 18-25fps with every graphics settings maxed out, Ray tracing OFF and DLSS set to Quality(70% of my 2K resolution 1440p), and then you find a cabin, when i got inside the cabin, i got more than 60fps, then again when i head out to the forest, i got 20fps, now this is with ray tracing off.

When i enable the ray tracing, i get around 4-6fps with the same DLSS settings and graphics settings.

I had to search the internet to find which graphics settings impacted most of the performance, and luckily i found this, it gave me a vague idea of how to set the graphics setting so i get a good experience, and obviously i still had to turn off the ray tracing.

So, RTX 3070ti is a way ahead of rtx 4050, but what it doesnt have is frame generation, which is specifically for RTX 40series, so what i think is that you can set everything on lowest settings and use frame generation to get around 30-60fps depending on whats on the screen OR what scene is on the screen.

Hi,

I dont mean to be rude or anything, but if you dont know how exactly DLSS works, here is something that I think you should know.

There's not exactly an on and off switch for DLSS, except there is, but when you turn it on, that is just not it, you have to set the DLSS according to the performance you want.

DLSS runs the game at lower resolution to boos the FPS, and makes up for that lower resolution by upscaling the Frames to the native resolution that you are playing on using AI. You have to manually set the DLSS to either "Quality", "Balanced", "Performance" and "Ultra Performance", as you go towards the Ultra Performance the resolution will keep on decreasing and more upscaling will be required, if you are playing at 1080p, then the ultra performance should run the game at 480p and upscale it to 1080p which will obviously not give you a pleasant experience.

Now in the case of alan wake 2, the game is good but needs more optimization, dont you think that a game should give almost equal FPS at every stage irrespective of whats on the screen. Alan Wake 2's some scenes and level are just too graphically demanding, like the forest scene in the start, I am currently playing this game on my Acer Nitro-5 which has an i7 12650H processor and RTX 3070Ti graphics card, i have around 5-6hours of gameplay. As the game starts, when you complete the first scene, you arrive at the forest and get to look around for clues to a murder, in that forest I got around 18-25fps with every graphics settings maxed out, Ray tracing OFF and DLSS set to Quality(70% of my 2K resolution 1440p), and then you find a cabin, when i got inside the cabin, i got more than 60fps, then again when i head out to the forest, i got 20fps, now this is with ray tracing off.

When i enable the ray tracing, i get around 4-6fps with the same DLSS settings and graphics settings.

I had to search the internet to find which graphics settings impacted most of the performance, and luckily i found this, it gave me a vague idea of how to set the graphics setting so i get a good experience, and obviously i still had to turn off the ray tracing.

So, RTX 3070ti is a way ahead of rtx 4050, but what it doesnt have is frame generation, which is specifically for RTX 40series, so what i think is that you can set everything on lowest settings and use frame generation to get around 30-60fps depending on whats on the screen OR what scene is on the screen.
I'm very familiar with DLSS.

Here's a video of someone testing Alan Wake 2 on a laptop with an RTX 4050. There are differences in the laptop specs, but the most important thing is the GPU, and it seems to perform reasonably well. I really don't care how the game performs without DLSS and with Ray Tracing turned all the way up. He's not going to run it that way.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfNyxL1LnbA

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts