Question Need help with choosing an PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2022
Visit site
First of all,hi to everyone who reads this. Second,as the title says i need help with choosing a appropriate PSU for my pc.

Since my bugdet is limited, im going for an budget build and mostly used stuff, i already bought the current pc last year, an i5 3570k paired with a very weak and older gpu, the gtx 750, 16gb RAM.

Recently i came across a cheap i7 3770 and rx 580 8gb somewhat like a bundle pack for a total of 169dollars (i dont know from where this forum is but i used dollars here as currency, same like english being the world language). I at least think that was cheap since i saw the older GTX 1050 (only the gpu) going for the same price as the rx 580 8gb.

Since my mobo doesn't support any other cpu's beyond i7 3770k i went and bought that bundle, i also know that i will get some bottleneck with this setup and that the i7 3770 is not much better as my previous cpu, the i5 but i could not pass on that deal.

Now the problem is,my current PSU has only one 1x6 pin connector but the rx 580 requires both, one 1x6 and one 1x8.I dont really want to go cheap on the PSU but i dont want to spend a lot either.

One of my friends suggested an power supply from a company called LC, i never heard of them and the psu's look really cheap so im not going for them, i found one near me that i probably could get and buy it immediately (10-15 minutes away with a car) it is an used one though) if i knew if it was any good, the psu is branded "ARLT" 600w with both gpu connectors that i need.

Anyone knows about this brand of power supplies or any other suggestions for what i should get. Thanks in advance

[Mod edit: changed format from unhelpful wall of text, too many typos to fix.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum :)

For future posts, please try and make them legible—it was no fun editing your original wall of text in an effort to reduce the forum's liability for member eyestrain ;)

i dont know from where this forum is
Parent company of PCG is HQ'ed in UK. PCG has multiple editions but the main 2 are UK and US—the sites, forums and blogs of these 2 were combined in the last re-org. We work with whatever currency a poster is comfortable with, default is USD $.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Nov 19, 2022
Visit site
Hi and welcome. Would help to know what country you are in, and if theres a particular shop you want to use post a link. The two you've mentioned are no names that are not likely to be any good.

Europe,more precisely the Balkan region.There's no specific shop i want to buy from,just your average pc shops like everywhere else .

It's not like i can't get the well known brands,a lot of the shops and internet sites that sell stuff here have the well known brands like,corsair,evga,seasonic,thermaltake.cooler master and so on but i think i can get away with a non well known brand for this setup.

I never heard of LC or the ARLT brand before, what i found about the LC brand on the internet is that they like to go bad really fast,except the 80+ silver ones.Here is the link for one of the specific articles one of my friends sent me and recommended to buy this one :

https://www.olx.ba/artikal/42847444/lc-power-lc600h-12-600w-napajanje/ (the price equals around 40 dollars for this one) sounds too cheap for a good psu,cheap ones cost between $25 and $40 is what i heard

As for the ARLT brand,all i found out is,that they are a German brand.I would like to go for this one since it is not far from where i live but idk

Reactions: Brian Boru
but i think i can get away with a non well known brand for this setup.
You need to change that mentality, please. It's like saying you'll entrust your open heart bypass surgery to a stranger on the street(who has no idea of what an open heart bypass surgery is).

Side note, please post the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

A brand and it's accompanying(high) price tag means you're paying for reliability as well as their reputation that comes along with their product. You need brands to stand by their products in hopes of instilling confidence in end users like yourself. This rolls back to the point that you're trusting your (PC)investments on something that is the same as an expensive paperweight. There are instances of people loosing their homes/lives due to a house fire. People who live to tell the tale often times don't out of embarrassment or because they aren't searched for. Those who don't state their mistakes, well, are people who didn't make it.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Nov 19, 2022
Visit site
I bought the ARLT psu .

But i have another problem right now,and if it's allowed i would like to post it here so i dont need to create a new thread.

After i installed the gpu drivers everything worked fine but as soon as i enter and exit a game i get that yellowish tint over my desktop,colors look cold,washed up,especially white being yellow.

What i recently discovered is,i used a different driver before this one,and it happened with that driver too but the only difference being that i also would loose sound coming trough the hdmi when the yellowish tint thing happens.

With the current drivers i only get the yellowish tint and dont loose sound,i used a different driver this time,an older one.

I tried all the solutions i could find on the internet,color managment,tweaking the colors in the amd radeon software,tweaked colors on the TV itself,and it is somewhat better but i still feel like the colors aren't like they are supposed to be

Right now im using radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-21.3.1-win7-64bit-mar24, before that i used the latest that was available for win7 which is the radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-22.6.1-win7-64bit-june23-2022(with this one i would loose also sound when the yellow tint thing happens.

I also know driver support is not great for win7 but the last time i formated my pc(due to a problem)i had only a win7 to install

Any solutions,tips,ideas what i could try would be much appreciated

Any solutions

This thread is pertaining to a PSU purchase. You should create a new thread with regards to your GPU's drivers/OS issues.

I also hope that your issue isn't compounded with that PSU you purchased. Used PSU's are notorious for being the red herring in a build when it comes to troubleshooting anomalies experts would deem impossible to fix. To also add, you shouldn't go off a PSU purchase with looking at the stickered side of a PSU(advertised wattage), the connectors it has or go used, regardless of what the seller might be saying.

Experience has taught me that the PSU is comparable to the heart of your system(which Seasonic now uses in their jingle's) and rightly so. If it has a heart attack, it can and will take out everything that it's connected to.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS