Need help upgrading my pc!

Feb 5, 2021
Visit site
Hey guys, i want to upgrade my PC but dont really know what hardware to go for, so i could need some help :D.

My budget is between 500-600 euros!

CURRENT SETUP:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

CPU - i5-2500k (ewwwwww)

GPU - 1060 6gb (only decent thing i have on my setup, and want to keep)

RAM - 8 gb ddr3

Power Supply - dont really know which one i have :/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a friend of mine has recommended to me:

Motherboard - ATX MSI b450 GAMING PLUS MAX

CPU - AMD RYZEN 5 3600

RAM - HYPERX FURY DDR4 RGB 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3200MHZ CL16

Power Supply - SEASONIC FOCUS GOLD GX 650W FULL MODULAR

BOX - ATX NOX HUMMER MC PRO ARGB WHITE

TOTAL = 550€ which is pretty nice considering my budget

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to know your thoughts about what he recommended to me and also your opinions of what i should go for, thank you for your time! :DDD

Solid recommendations from your friend. The MSI B450 Tomahawk Max is what I usually look at around that price but the Gaming Plus is almosty exactly the same as far as I can see. BIOS flash button nice to have, no worries on having to update it.

If you can fit it in the budget, 3600 C16 RAM is ideal for Ryzen but it#s more expensive and the difference is not huge for most people.

Excellent choice of PSU, but it might be possible to go a bit cheaper if you wanted to save a bit there. With the upgrades and the GTX 1060 you could go with a different model 550 watt, but 650watt does give you more future upgrade options.

I really can't speak to the case, never heard of Nox and at that price I wouldnt expect the world from the build quality. Just make sure it will fit your graphics card and PSU and has enough bays for whatever storage you have. Otherwise a lot of it is a matter of taste.

May 21, 2020
Visit site
I'll admit that I had a very similar setup with the same motherboard a few years back, and it was great at the time. The build you've been recommended is pretty solid. For future-proofing, I might suggest looking for a b550 board - I'm on a b450 myself and recently moved from a Ryzen 2600 to a 3600XT for a small jump in performance. With the more recent chipset you can in-place upgrade your processor and your graphics card with minimal disruption.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Good thinking, a decent B550 board can be had for not much more, true. But I'm not sure if AMD are going to to be sticking with the same socket for the next generation after 5xxx series.

Also a lot of B450 boards will support 5xxx series Ryzen processors with a BIOS update, I'm pretty sure the MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max is one of those. Graphics card doesnt care about the motherboard chipset though :)

TRENDING THREADS