Question Need games to play with a low spec friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always check out GOG for some, well, good old games.

Besides that, Don't Starve Together will probably work. Conquest of Elysium 4, Hammerwatch, Legend of Dungeon, perhaps Terraria or Minecraft (bedrock edition, as it performs way better), Battle for Wesnoth (an open source, free TBS game), Civilization V (it ran on the integrated graphics chip of my 8 year or so old PC, so should be doable), Monaco and maybe Tabletop Simulator, which would give access to a ton of different games.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Just go old school, there's lots of fun stuff. If you're wanting to play head to head, though, make sure the system used in the old game will still work. Games that still want to use GameSpy aren't going to happen.

You can even find old school MMO's. The Homecoming server for City of Heroes seems to work quite well. It's been in the news a few times and NCSoft hasn't said "boo" so I expect they're OK with it.

If it's more a matter of simply wanting to play the same game at more-or-less the same time so you can chat about it (like a book club, but for games), then there's a VAST number of games to play.

I don't know how low your friend's laptop specs are, but Divinity Original Sin has a very nice co-op mode. The minimum specs are:
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 or equivalent.
  • OS: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit or Windows 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit.
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 550 or ATI™ Radeon™ HD 6XXX or higher.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 25 GB.
The Definitive Edition is best, and being released in 2017, you can usually find it on sale somewhere. Divinity Original Sin 2 also has a co-op mode, and is a far better game (in my opinion), but the specs are going to be higher.

Dec 7, 2020
Visit site
Guild Wars 2 is free to play (the core game is, anyway - expansions sold separate but no monthly fee) and has low system requirements. I've pasted them below (for some reason Path of Fire went out of line so I had to paste it in where the line was meant to be).

The base game requires at minimum Win XP and an Intel i3...need I say more? ;)

Guild Wars 2 (core game and Heart of Thorns)
Operating SystemWindows® XP Service Pack 3 or better
ProcessorIntel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
Core i3
AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better
VideoNVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT
ATI X1900
Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
Memory4 GB RAM
Storage50 GB available HDD space
InternetBroadband Internet connection
InputKeyboard and mouse

DirectX
Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire

DirectX 9
Operating System
Windows® 7 or better (64 bit only)
ProcessorIntel® Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz
Core i3
AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better
VideoNVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTS
ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT
Intel Iris 5100 or better (512MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
Memory4 GB RAM
Storage50 GB available HDD space
InternetBroadband Internet connection
InputKeyboard and mouse
DirectXDirectX 9

JunaeBenne

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
My friend has a windows 10 laptop and I have a pretty good pc. That obviously doesn't give us many options for games to play. What are some games with low system requirements that we can play together?
Interestingly enough, I just learned how to use Parsec to play couch co op games with my friends everywhere. This works perfectly for people who have a PC/laptop, an internet connection, and a PS & Xbox controller. This weekend I was able to play Overcooked 2 with little to no lag with a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS