Visit site
Hi I am looking at a pc with
AMD Ryzen 5 3500X
16GB (2x8GB) 2666Mhz DDR4
Adata SU630 240GB SSD
Asus PRIME B450M-A II
Gigabyte P650B - 650w

Will a gtx 3060ti 8gb or 3060 12gb run in this pc? cheers

Just looking at it I would have to say no, keep in mind I am going off of the Asus 3060ti 8gb card requirements. It needs PCI-E 4.0 and a power supply of 750w. Nevermind it will run on a PCI-E 3.0 with no performance loss. 750w is recommended but not required.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
@FreezerBurn They always overstate the power requirements because people will try and use some Diablotek POS that says 650 watts on the label taht can only do 300 on the 12v rail. The Gigabyte here isnt that bad.

PCI-E4.0 vs 3.0 on a 3080
No difference.

3500X power consumption 50-60 watts

3060Ti power consumption overclocked 230 watts overclocked

Motherboard RAM etc very generously is going to be no more than 100 watts.

It will be fine :)
I just looked up the preformance between PCI-E 4.0 and 3.0 right before you posted. On the issue of card size I had to get a stand to ensure my card stays up and level... its huge.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
Yep, youre fine (y)

Just make sure that it physically fits in whatever case it comes in. It will be in the case specs on manufacturers website under compatibility.
Hi the case is a Kolink Observatory Lite Mesh - RGB Midi Tower Gaming Case
Will it fit?

Just looking at it I would have to say no, keep in mind I am going off of the Asus 3060ti 8gb card requirements. It needs PCI-E 4.0 and a power supply of 750w. Nevermind it will run on a PCI-E 3.0 with no performance loss. 750w is recommended but not required.
Hi I have chosen the ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB TUF OC V2 Graphics Card

Yeah I am not to bothered about the pci the slot I won't notice the difference

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
Will it fit?

Yeah I am not to bothered about the pci the slot I won't notice the difference

• Graphics cards up to 335 mm supported, CPU coolers up to 160 mm, PSUs up to 180 mm

• 3060ti TUF OC v2
    Width 5.4cm
    Depth30.1 cm
    Height14.3 cm

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
I just looked up the preformance between PCI-E 4.0 and 3.0 right before you posted. On the issue of card size I had to get a stand to ensure my card stays up and level... its huge.
Its nice to have PCI-E 4.0 for future proofing but not essential for a good few years I'd say.

Will it fit?

The case allows 33,5 cm of clearance for a GPU, or 31,5 if your using a radiator in the front according to specs.
The Asus is apparently 30.1 cm long so it will fit just fine.

Also bear in mind for power, the last few generations of Intel CPU have been using crazy amounts of power compared to the Ryzen in that system. They have to figure that in to their recommendations because not everyone is aware.

That card will work just fine. Just make sure there are some fans installed in the front of the case as well.

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
yeah the card look huge
Its nice to have PCI-E 4.0 for future proofing but not essential for a good few years I'd say.

The case allows 33,5 cm of clearance for a GPU, or 31,5 if your using a radiator in the front according to specs.
The Asus is apparently 30.1 cm long so it will fit just fine.

Also bear in mind for power, the last few generations of Intel CPU have been using crazy amounts of power compared to the Ryzen in that system. They have to figure that in to their recommendations because not everyone is aware.

That card will work just fine. Just make sure there are some fans installed in the front of the case as well.
Yeah theirs 3 RGB fans on front of the case.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for answering! =]

Gigabyte PSU, that's a fire starter...
Pretty sure its the 750 and 850 watt models that are the problem.

Anything with the Gigabyte sticker and not the Aorus series, is an expensive paperweight. Considering that I'm relying on a PSU to power my entire system, if it has a heart-attack, a sub par PSU can and will take out all of my life's savings(which might be more true during this time of the year than on other years prior) which is why I'd put my trust in a reliably built PSU to power my entire system, budget or no budget.

Last edited:
Anything with the Gigabyte sticker and not the Aorus series, is an expensive paperweight.
Not sure if thats true tbh, not aware of all their exact history though I agree its less than illustrious for PSU's, sure.

Doesnt mean if you already have one it wont work, just might be better options for the money if youre buying on its own. This isnt the explosive model.

Its tier C on the Toms list:

The thing people tend to forget is that budget builds with bottom of the barrel (power supply)units are like tossing a coin in the air and praying they land on the side you want(it powers up without a dead component) since budget components come about from having their corners cut...corners that an unsuspecting(or an uninformed) customer wouldn't know what they're loosing.

The 650's are lower down the pecking order so they will have the same issues if not worse than the 750 and 850 units. I wouldn't rely upon coin tossing...I've already gotten enough grey hairs dealing with people with lackluster PSU's that conked out a perfectly working system, from dealing with RMA's/warranty claims, from the current F1 season and then the silly GPU pricing...all of that is bad for my heart, lol, yet I try and prevent people from falling into an open manhole :p

Last edited:
Mediocre can be reworded as garbo too...depending on what the coin toss lands you with :p
I dont think its a toss up in this case. This one seems to be released after the drama with a different design although the same OEM. Found a decent review, again it seems mediocre, all within ATX specs but ripple isnt fantastic. Seems OK for a budget build. Not to mention that its only going to be loaded to half capacity in the worst case by this build.

If I was building a system myself I wouldn't buy it unless I was on a serious budget and it was cheap. But I cant find any evidence its a complete trash fire like the 750 and 850 watt Gold units. Its the first thing I thought of when I saw Gigabyte too :)

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2021
Visit site
I became really leery of "just enough" PSUs after an experience I had. It was around 2006 and while the name of the company escapes me, they were a reputable well known 3rd party seller. The PSU I bought exceeded my needs by about 100 watts so I thought I was fine.
Until my GTX 8800 died, twice. As well a HDD died on me. I couldn't understand what was the problem until I later read an article stating the PSU in question had a ripple problem when it went over 50-60% load. So bad that it was known to kill components. Since then I decided to only buy Seasonic (first choice) or Corsair (second choice), and I over provision by at least 25% or better.
The way I see it is the PSU is the foundation of your build. If it's not rock solid you could be fine, or regretting the fact you skated so close to the edge. In this case if the GPU manufacture calls for 750 watts I'd be going with a Seasonic 850-900 or even a 1000 watts if it's not too expensive.
Call me paranoid if you want, but since then I've only had one other PSU give me problems. The one I bought to replace the bad one and wasn't one of my preferred brands at the time. Which BTW was a blown cap after 12+ years of use, so it's forgivable I guess.

Dec 13, 2021
Visit site
Hi I am looking at a pc with
AMD Ryzen 5 3500X
16GB (2x8GB) 2666Mhz DDR4
Adata SU630 240GB SSD
Asus PRIME B450M-A II
Gigabyte P650B - 650w

Will a gtx 3060ti 8gb or 3060 12gb run in this pc? cheers
I don't know offhand. Have you checked pcpartpicker ? That's where I go to check on my builds.

TRENDING THREADS