Question Monitors keep refreshing while streaming

Jan 3, 2022
Visit site
Can somebody help me?
Why does my monitor kept refreshing itself? All 3 of em.
Happens occasionally only gaming certain games like Halo and B4D, but happens too often while I'm streaming.
I have check my PC for overheating and dust and even replacing the whole motherboard https://t.co/OfAbeAXtWl

I did replace the monitors, driver's(all updated) and processor. Even to the point I reseted reinstall windows. The problem still occurs

Spec:
Amd ryzen 7 2700
Rtx 3060 ti
32g ram
Rog x570 motherboard.

Jan 3, 2022
Visit site
So I may have found out the problem.
It was Windows 11. Had to go back to Windows 10 and format everything on my boot drive and low behold my I can stream now longer than 30 mins without any of my monitors refreshing itself, but I will do a longer test tomorrow to see if it really fix it

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for reporting back—nice job on finding a probable solution :)

In case the problem persists:

Are all 3 monitors running at the same resolutions and refresh rates? If one is different, try switching it off for the problem games. It's got to be quite a load on your 3060 to output different resolutions and/or rates to your monitors, if such is the case.

It was a long time ago—maybe 15 years?—when I used to have to switch off my 2nd monitor of a 2-mon setup for some games. Shouldn't be the case now, but maybe…

If you're running fullscreen, try running 'windowed fullscreen' if the games have such an option in their settings. That change has solved a few output glitches for me in the more recent past.

Jan 3, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for reporting back—nice job on finding a probable solution :)

In case the problem persists:

Are all 3 monitors running at the same resolutions and refresh rates? If one is different, try switching it off for the problem games. It's got to be quite a load on your 3060 to output different resolutions and/or rates to your monitors, if such is the case.

It was a long time ago—maybe 15 years?—when I used to have to switch off my 2nd monitor of a 2-mon setup for some games. Shouldn't be the case now, but maybe…

If you're running fullscreen, try running 'windowed fullscreen' if the games have such an option in their settings. That change has solved a few output glitches for me in the more recent past.
Yes I have check all of that. They are all the same resolution but just 2 different brand. I have lower my primary to 60 hz to match the other 2, but that did not fix it. I also run Halo on Windowed and it still occurs. Later while this problem still happens my Xbox Gamebar for some reason disabled it self to not record or screen cap. I did go into my files, reg everything and it still does not work, so I decided to go ahead and try to go back to Windows 10 the old format way (Purchasing the key and all) and so far 45 min straight I have not encounter the problem and I also was screen sharing through Discord for an hour and it has not happen yet either and my Xbox Game bar went back to normal too.
Just....avoid Windows 11 lol

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS