Modding Skyrim!

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Beautiful! Looks like Skyrim modded takes the graphics crown for 10+ year-old games—while Crysis unmodded still holds for 15+yo.

That's true. Crysis achievement is even more spectacular given the fact how it looks today after 15 years without any mods. I had the pleasure to revisit it last year and while the lighting lacks a little by today's standards, the overall effect is still impressive.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I've explored Solstheim a little and here are the results: :)

dhdbNzW.png

s0DLF2I.png

kb4DvG9.png

hdYvZc3.png

HQfPAGa.png

SPD0lln.png

L6ALJSn.png

kOyjtBz.png

es6MKAj.png

gEELfnV.png

I never got there! I got the expansion but decided to take a break after the vampire thing, and never came back.
I did Solstheim before I ever got to the vampire thing. In fact, I never even tried the vampire thing until my 3rd playthrough recently. When you start that, there's pretty much no going back, and it ruined it for me. I ended up quitting after that.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
When you start that, there's pretty much no going back, and it ruined it for me. I ended up quitting after that.

Actually you have to become a Vampire Lord eventually even if you're doing the Dawnguard questline. And it's fully curable after that. As for the vampire questline, the Dawnguard stop hunting you after you do a specific sidequest chain on the vampire side. And you can later cure vampirism even if you side with the vampires.

Actually you have to become a Vampire Lord eventually even if you're doing the Dawnguard questline. And it's fully curable after that. As for the vampire questline, the Dawnguard stop hunting you after you do a specific sidequest chain on the vampire side. And you can later cure vampirism even if you side with the vampires.
Yeah, Dawnguard is what I'm talking about. You're forced into it, and I just didn't like that. I've only tried that DLC/questline the one time, and if I ever play Skyrim again, I doubt if I'll touch it. Good to know you can cure it and leave it behind, though.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Closing to the end of main questline (will be posting final series of screenshots soon!) after which I'll want to take a little break from Skyrim (maybe I'll return to it later on to go through some DLC-sized mods). So on my quest to actually finish all TES games before TES VI is released, there will be only two games left: Arena and Oblivion. I'm pretty far in Oblivion, but I'll need a little break from fantasy setting. I decided to revisit Fallout 3 and plan to heavily mod its graphics. :D It'll be a hardcore task because the game is very unstable even in vanilla state. We'll see how my machine will handle this 15 year old game... :p Thankfully Mod Organizer 2 supports Fallout 3, so at least installing all those files should be a piece of cake. Anyway, I'm planning to open a separate thread for it! Keep your fingers crossed! :)

Of course I’ll be modding Oblivion as well! Expect it to happen earlier than I finish Fallout 3, because I like to play a few games simultaneously. :)

I decided to revisit Fallout 3 and plan to heavily mod its graphics. :D It'll be a hardcore task because the game is very unstable even in vanilla state. We'll see how my machine will handle this 15 year old game... :p Thankfully Mod Organizer 2 supports Fallout 3, so at least installing all those files should be a piece of cake. Anyway, I'm planning to open a separate thread for it! Keep your fingers crossed! :)
I'm looking forward to that Fallout 3 thread and your how your modding experience goes. FO3 is one of the few Bethesda games that I never got around to modding, I don't really know why, it just never happened. At the end of last year I spent several days modding FONV and got a stable build that I played about 30 hours before switching over the Next-Gen update for Witcher 3. FNOV is also very finicky when it comes to modding it, so I imagine that modding FO3 will be similar as they both use the old Gamebryo engine. The 4GB patcher was a huge part of getting the game stable, and I assume that there must be a similar mod for FO3.
FNV 4GB Patcher at Fallout New Vegas - mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Sarafan

Community Contributor
The 4GB patcher was a huge part of getting the game stable, and I assume that there must be a similar mod for FO3.

There is, but the GOG version, which I'll be using, already has the patch applied. I already tackled a bit with Fallout 3 and when it comes to performance, stutter fix is necessary. Without it the game works horrible.

I tried modding and playing Oblivion a while back, and even after polishing it up the best I could, it still felt outdated to me.

Personally I think it's one of the worst games in the series. I have less fun with it than with Daggerfall for some reasons. We'll see how it plays with mods. :)

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Skyrim is one game i never managed to find all the quests and missions , if you type SAQ into the console it is supposed to list all the quests but the only problem is that before it has completed the list the game crashes.
btw .... every site that posts that SAQ code says it may crash .... and it always does

I'm not sure it's even possible to do all the quests in a game so big as Skyrim. You'll always miss a quest or two. It's possible to get all of the achievements however and it doesn't require a really extraordinary effort.

I'm not sure it's even possible to do all the quests in a game so big as Skyrim. You'll always miss a quest or two. It's possible to get all of the achievements however and it doesn't require a really extraordinary effort.
I don't think it is either, especially if you're working with one or more of the factions, because most of the time you turn in a quest as completed, you get another one, it may be similar with the Jarl's also, but I don't remember for certain. I think they're called radiant quests? Fallout 4 has them as well, and they get to a bit "samey" after awhile,, but your quest log is never empty.

TRENDING THREADS