Question Mini itx or gaming laptop?

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hello, what is better in your opinion, a mini itx gaming pc or gaming laptop.
I want a pc to use for gaming, but as I travel a lot, I need something mobile, so I was thinking what is better, my budget is 2000 euros (without mouse, keyboard, monitor).
So what would be better choice?

If you need a laptop, then go with a laptop.

if you can get away without using a laptop, however, a PC would make more sense as you can upgrade the components (especially GPU) without needing to buy a whole new system. Most laptops can't upgrade the GPU and even where it's removable there's no guarantee as to availability and compatibility for future gens, plus they're often more expensive too. So PC nets you more performance for a lower price and you can upgrade it when needed.

Zoid

Community Contributor
Hello, what is better in your opinion, a mini itx gaming pc or gaming laptop.
I want a pc to use for gaming, but as I travel a lot, I need something mobile, so I was thinking what is better, my budget is 2000 euros (without mouse, keyboard, monitor).
So what would be better choice?
The better option in terms of price / performance ratio and upgradability is a Mini ITX build, like @Oussebon says, but what kind of travel are we talking here? Are you driving? Flying? Would you need to take your monitor and peripherals with you?

Building a truly portable Mini ITX build is a pretty niche use case, and when you factor in any peripherals you need to take with you, it will never be as portable as a laptop. Even with the smallest Mini ITX builds, they will be more cumbersome to throw in a backpack than a laptop will be. There's also the reliability consideration to make. Laptops are designed to withstand a certain amount of bumping around, whereas desktop builds typically aren't.

That said, if you're traveling by car where compactness and luggage handling are less concerning, then it's possible. I'd just plan to spend a premium on a really well-made ITX case and put a lot of thought into your components to ensure they'll work well in the smallest possible form factor.

TRENDING THREADS