Question Mid-Week Question: If your eyes had a HUD, what info would you want it to display?

Let's say you could activate a HUD (Heads-up display) in your eyeballs. I don't really see the need for something like hit points, stamina, hunger, or thirst to be shown, since you probably have a good idea of your general health status.

So, what info would you like displayed in your eye? Your phone's battery level (to save you the trouble of looking directly at your phone)? Time and temperature? Minimap of your neighborhood, with any annoying neighbors pinpointed so you can avoid them?

Let us know! We'll run our answers and some from the forums probably Wednesday afternoon!

May 27, 2020
Visit site
I want some basic data, like date/time, an optional weather report, and maybe facial recognition for people that I know so if somebody greets me I don't have to pretend I remember them.

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Oh. Daily quests with deadline timers :D :D :D I need that.

But hydration seems like a good one. I struggle to drink enough.
it would have to be very smart set of stats related to my health, so I can adjust my behavior to live as long as possible.

Its not like I want to see a lot of things all the time.
HUD should be contextual. Different one in a car, different one in a gym... while shooting, while eating... you might want all sort of info IRL. We dont go through the life as fast as our in-game characters.

Reactions: Mazer and Sarafan
Several things spring to mind:

A Social enhancer mod like the C.A.I.S.E mod so i get the edge in conversations and interviews.

Way point GPS system sod looking at my phone, i can just keep walking following way points to get to where i want.

Reactions: Sarafan
May 28, 2020
Visit site
SCUM is the best example about what kind of information I want to see in my personal HUD. I don't need most things like stamina or bladder value to see how often I should drink, rest or taking certain substances out of my body, but it's good to know about whether I lack things like vitamins, minerals and calorie, and in case I have injuries, what kind of injuries and how severe they actually are.

And a translator with support to almost all languages available under the sun. I want to know whether someone is smiling and telling me in their native language that I look dumb with a shaved head and I should just go to hell so I know if I should give them a thumb up or double middle fingers.

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Hitpoints, hostility status, and distance to target. So I know if I should turn and run. A percentage for chance of success at a skill challenge would be great for that arduous task we call dating.

Reactions: gotthammer
May 28, 2020
Visit site
as much as stuff as can be crammed 'on screen' without being distracting/annoying.
I like the various ideas already stated: subtitles/translator, heart rate indicator (I'd couple that w/ a calorie burn counter for when working out), time, minimap + compass, etc.

Hmm. I guess it'd be nice to be able to have a 'grid overlay' over terrain, esp. when it's nighttime (to complement night vision/low light features) or in the case of, say, flooding (we have cases of people falling into open manholes/unfinished construction here during floods; being able to see where those holes are while walking/wading through muddy floodwater would be great).

A news ticker would be nice, too, I guess. Esp. for local news (e.g., 'breaking news: Protest at Welcome rotunda causing heavy traffic, avoid if able').

Maybe an option to have picture-in-picture of locally accessible public CCTVs, too (for traffic or other concerns).

[Right Click to Open Door, pick up, throw object and so on]
[Tab to open inventory]
{space to jump]
{Esc to Pause]
[Q and E to lean]
[scroll to change weapon]

No options in the setting to change these constant reminders.

May 16, 2020
Visit site
Definitely nametags on everyone I talk to, as I never can remember names. My phone is filled to the brim with work related people like: mullet, electrician and chipper fellow at gas station.
Also a list of "last missions" which in reality would be; stupid things you did while drunk, would be nice.

TRENDING THREADS