Question Microphone (headset) not detected in Windows 10

My current headphones are the Cloud Revolver S, and I absolutely love the sound/music they reproduce. I have absolutely no problem there, but I finally made an in-game video and wanted to add a couple comments to it with the microphone (which I normally don't have attached). But it never recorded.

For whatever reason, Win10 doesn't recognize the microphone and I've run out of ideas, so I thought maybe some of you smarter tech guys might know.

I've gone through several hours of searching the web, gone through the different settings menus, the control panel & sound menus and device manager; but the mic is just not recognized, yet the sound from the headphones is there, so I know it's connected correctly. So any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Reactions: ZedClampet
My current headphones are the Cloud Revolver S, and I absolutely love the sound/music they reproduce. I have absolutely no problem there, but I finally made an in-game video and wanted to add a couple comments to it with the microphone (which I normally don't have attached). But it never recorded.

For whatever reason, Win10 doesn't recognize the microphone and I've run out of ideas, so I thought maybe some of you smarter tech guys might know.

I've gone through several hours of searching the web, gone through the different settings menus, the control panel & sound menus and device manager; but the mic is just not recognized, yet the sound from the headphones is there, so I know it's connected correctly. So any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
So when you go to the sound settings in Windows and you do "test microphone" it isn't working?

The reason I just want to verify this is because some recording software isn't the easiest to use when recording both game sounds and voice from another source at the same time. That's the reason I used a separate program to record my voice. The best free one is probably WavePad and then Audacity.

Other than that, I don't really know except to reinstall the drivers. I've got a HyperX Cloud II headset and never had to do anything to get the mic working.

Some days, or at the minimum, some moments, I am the stupidest human on the face of the planet. Seriously.

When things, like hardware & PC peripherals (or anything really) don't do what they're designed to do, it constantly bugs me, kind of lying dormant in mind until I find the answer. So, it occurred to this morning as I'm lying in bed prying my eyes open, that maybe I shouldn't push the button for the microphone on the in-line control for the Cloud Revolver headphones.

Most of the solutions or trouble shooting guides I consulted mentioned to make sure that you didn't have the mute for the mic on. "Of course I don't," that's stupid (or so I thought).

The Cloud Revolver S has an in-line volume control, probably similar to your Cloud II @ZedClampet , but mine also has two buttons, one for audio which you press on to have the simulated 7.1 surround sound turned on (and lights up red), and another for the microphone (which also lights up red when pushed), which I just "ASSumed" would do the same for the mic; but it's the opposite: pushing it mutes the microphone (there's a "slash" through the microphone symbol when lit, which I just noticed this morning).

So in summation, it works fine and always has, but thanks to both @ZedClampet and @Brian Boru for responding.

TRENDING THREADS