Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond MP Trailer

Do you know why they have to show that one hand that is cut from the body? I experienced the same thing while playing Resident Evil: Biohazard 7 and it pulled me straight out of the game. Just seems like something that would be easy to fix, or maybe it is not?

Reactions: drunkpunk
Do you know why they have to show that one hand that is cut from the body? I experienced the same thing while playing Resident Evil: Biohazard 7 and it pulled me straight out of the game. Just seems like something that would be easy to fix, or maybe it is not?

I don't know, and honestly I didn't even notice until you mentioned it..... That is a weird choice. I suspect it's probably a little difficult to develop the full body with the connected arms and have them move/react logically but I really don't know.

Reactions: Frindis
Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
This is done in almost all VR games where hands are involved because I imagine that full arms will end up look wonky in-game since only your wrists are getting tracked by the motion controllers. Personally, it never irritated me in any of the games that did it but hopefully one day we get something like Kinect merged into VR so it can track you whole body movement. :cool:

This is done in almost all VR games where hands are involved because I imagine that full arms will end up look wonky in-game since only your wrists are getting tracked by the motion controllers. Personally, it never irritated me in any of the games that did it but hopefully one day we get something like Kinect merged into VR so it can track you whole body movement. :cool:

I know some VR games do full body tracking, Blade and Sorcery for example has it but obviously requires a VR set that can support that, such as the Index. But yeah a lot of headsets are going with built in tracking cameras like the Q2 which is great IMO, and a big reason I went that route, so stuff like that probably isn't going to be implemented in a lot of VR games.

Also, if you have a solid PC then the Q2 is a great option for PCVR, so long as you don't mind the FB requirement. I'm so impressed with the wireless capabilities of the headset, and the wired options are insanely good with the right hardware. The only limitation I'm not a huge fan of is the FOV but I guess that really depends on your IPD, it's noticeable for me but forgivable considering how good the image looks.

Reactions: Frindis
Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
I know some VR games do full body tracking, Blade and Sorcery for example has it but obviously requires a VR set that can support that, such as the Index. But yeah a lot of headsets are going with built in tracking cameras like the Q2 which is great IMO, and a big reason I went that route, so stuff like that probably isn't going to be implemented in a lot of VR games.

Also, if you have a solid PC then the Q2 is a great option for PCVR, so long as you don't mind the FB requirement. I'm so impressed with the wireless capabilities of the headset, and the wired options are insanely good with the right hardware. The only limitation I'm not a huge fan of is the FOV but I guess that really depends on your IPD, it's noticeable for me but forgivable considering how good the image looks.
Yea, the Q2 is a great set among the available options it seems but if I ever get PCVR it will be for playing the games that you can't play wireless on it right now (racing sims, flight sims, HL: Alyx, etc.) and the Q2 unfortunately doesn't come bundled with that link cable you need to run in wired mode. I had found a decent deal on the Q2 a few weeks ago but the link cable was 1/4th the cost of the headset!

Last edited:
Yea, but important to note the Q2 needs a link cable to be able to run the good stuff like HL: Alyx, etc. and I heard those can be tough to find sometimes as it's not bundled. I found a decent deal on the Q2 but the link cable was 1/4th the headset!

There are two good ways to play PCVR with the Q2. One of them is the link, which is a little pricey. It is a fiber optic cable, though, so the price kind of makes sense. It definitely is a large part of the cost though, if one decides to go that route.

The other way is Virtual Desktop, which is a wireless method. It does require a solid 5ghz network close to your play area (a dedicated channel works best so there is no interference) and your PC hard wired to the router. That's my main way to play, I just got a 5ghz router and set it up as an access point in my room. Virtual Desktop itself costs 20 bucks. It allows me to play totally wirelessly, and it's awesome. There are a couple games that have compatibility issues with Virtual Desktop, but for the most part games are compatible. This one can be a bit trickier as it does depend on that network connection so it's obviously not a perfect choice for everyone.

Reactions: SBan83

TRENDING THREADS