How To Making indie game?

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
Welcome everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make games for Windows? I know some programming from online websites but i dont know how to proceed from here.

I was playing games for over ten years sometimes with really unhealthy intensity and I think im ready to make a game that will appeal to many other people (gameplay-wise and gamedesign-wise, not how to code it, haha). I feel like many game development companies know how to develop (code) the game, or how to make its visual side, but not what good gameplay means. I think its a trait that comes after many long years of gaming.

So... Does anyone here know how to code games? Preferably games that will work on Windows and in either 2D or 3D style (or 2.5D)

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
You would need to pick up a game engine - common choices are Unreal Engine or Unity Engine. Then you need to "learn" it, design your game in a document and start prototyping. It's tough to do everything alone and without coding in either C++ or C# (using another environment, usually Visual Studio) you are probably not going anywhere.

You need to look into a game engine like Unreal or Unity (two of the most popular). There are plenty of 3D and 2D engines out there, many of them free (Unreal and Unity are free), and pick one you think you can learn (and one that will do what you want). Most won't require much programming at all for simple things, but you will need to learn some kind of coding eventually to get the most out of them. And the internet is filled with both free and pay for tutorials and instruction classes as well as plenty of books on the subject.

I will give you one very important piece of advice. Versions of a particular tool or engine is important so make sure any learning material you use is compatible with the version of the software you're using. There are lots of old books available for old versions of software that are useless for the current versions.

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
Welcome everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make games for Windows? I know some programming from online websites but i dont know how to proceed from here.

I was playing games for over ten years sometimes with really unhealthy intensity and I think im ready to make a game that will appeal to many other people (gameplay-wise and gamedesign-wise, not how to code it, haha). I feel like many game development companies know how to develop (code) the game, or how to make its visual side, but not what good gameplay means. I think its a trait that comes after many long years of gaming.

So... Does anyone here know how to code games? Preferably games that will work on Windows and in either 2D or 3D style (or 2.5D)

Try to look for free game development tutorials. Ive picked up gamedev recently and this is the tutorial Ive learned unity from (its free). Unity is one of best game engines but i would say its best. there are many reasons why i think so but just let me tell you that i wasted many months if not years in game engines of second rate only to end with Unity, so just start from Unity and save years of time.

BTW, always look for free tutorials or assets (though i dont like third party assets) because lot of people buy udemy courses instead of doing a quick google search where they could save money.

Jun 13, 2020
Visit site

I am not super great with coding as of now but I do have quite a bit of experience with Unreal Engine and I have been working on a game for the past few months. If you want to try something simple use Unity first and then once you have more knowledge I highly reccomend Unreal Engine.

TRENDING THREADS